FastHeinz G40 Painted Pieces

• Customizer

Hi everyone, I am currently in the midst of painting my G40 units and I thought I would share my progress with the community for everyone to enjoy and to get some feedback. I have tried to keep my paint schemes historically accurate while still being practical to play with. I am currently working on America, I have finished the Navy as well as the Airforce and I am working on the Army currently. Let me know what you think. (Note I had some trouble attaching photos so moderators feel free to delete if this post is a duplicate)

I inserted magnets into the carriers and undersides of the planes to make things a little easier, I was inspired by watching a generalhandgernade video on that customization.
    24068100_10213633881495208_4066241811812859257_n.jpg

• Customizer

Sorry not sure why the pictures didnt show up. I will post them as soon as I can figure them out. If someone could help me out with that would be great, I couldn’t find any guidelines and how to for posting pictures. I used a external file site and copied the URL using the imagine code provided. So any help would be appreciated!

• Look forward to seeing them

• @FastHeinz:

Sorry not sure why the pictures didnt show up. I will post them as soon as I can figure them out. If someone could help me out with that would be great, I couldn’t find any guidelines and how to for posting pictures. I used a external file site and copied the URL using the imagine code provided. So any help would be appreciated!

Try posting the pictures as attachments rather than as URLs.  Once you’re over 10 posts (I think), the board’s anti-spam software allows you to post attachments; click the “additional options” link that appears below the message box.

• Customizer

Thanks that worked, it would only allow me 1 picture though. Anyways here are some more.

24129704_10213633881055197_6359904505456657670_n.jpg
    3.jpg

• Customizer

I decided the do the American Navy in two different color schemes. Early war and later war.

a4.jpg
    a6.jpg

• @FastHeinz:

Thanks that worked, it would only allow me 1 picture though. Anyways here are some more.

You can post 2 attachments per message, using the “(more attachments”) option after “Choose file”.

• Customizer

I used Corsair fighters from HBG as carrier fighters. A close eye can spot the U.S.S. Missouri.

abattleship.jpg
    acarrier.jpg

• Very impressive. I can’t wait to see how the army turns out

• Customizer

This is the Airforce.

a11.jpg
    a14.jpg

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

FasHeinz, great work, on these US units. Cannot wait to see more.

Cheers!

John

• @FastHeinz:

I used Corsair fighters from HBG as carrier fighters. A close eye can spot the U.S.S. Missouri.

I like your work, it’s top notch… very serious, its really fine painting… I will say however, choosing the Corsair as your default carrier fighter, while it looks very nice, historically speaking, is hard to accept as the main carrier fighter… The combination of an aft cockpit and the Corsair’s long nose made landings hazardous for newly trained pilots. During landing approaches it was found that oil from the hydraulic cowl flaps could spatter onto the windscreen, badly reducing visibility, and the undercarriage oleo struts had bad rebound characteristics on landing, allowing the aircraft to bounce out of control down the carrier deck… It was also found that the Corsair’s right wing could stall and drop rapidly and without warning during slow carrier landings. In addition, if the throttle were suddenly advanced (for example, during an aborted landing) the left wing could stall and drop so quickly that the fighter could flip over with the rapid increase in power… there were so many problems with the F4U’s use on carriers, Corsair deployment aboard U.S. carriers was delayed until late 1944… by which time there were almost no Japanese left to fight in Carrier battles. The Corsair’s claim to fame mostly comes from the USMC’s use on island bases, not the Navy’s use on carriers.

When I think carrier battles in the Pacific, I think of F4F Wildcat and F6F Hellcat. Of course, that’s just me… I’m a stickler for the standard.

None of my musings have anything to do with the fine work you’ve done… I’m super-jelly of all the fine detail (down to the battleship numbers, and different deck colors you’ve used) and wish I had a thimbleful of talent that you have.

• '19 '18 '17

They all look fantastic, but I absolutely love those silver bombers.  :-o

• Customizer

Thanks for the feedback everyone, greatly appreciated. Ive made some progress on the army and I thought I would share. The artillery is finished, including spg’s and flak.

a20.jpg
    a22.jpg

• '17 '16 '15

Those planes are simply amazing, wonderful job!!!

• The detail on everything (considering the tiny size of the sculpts) is simply AMAZING… super jelly.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Nice work. Very clean.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

Nice work!

• '16 Customizer

Hi FastHeinz,

What brand of acrylics are you using? Your colors are so flat and the coats are so smooth. It looks like high end stuff. If it’s not something like Vallejo, did you thin it down and do lots of coats?

Nice work!

• Customizer

Hi Spitfire38 I have been using Games workshop paints, they run about 5$ Canadian a bottle which are pretty tiny! I have always been pretty happy with them though and they have a huge selection, designed for miniature painting.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m