Global/Europe/Pacific 1939 for 1940 2nd Editon

• When collecting NOs treat the territories as the board represents them.  Russia would not collect +3 for Baltic States or Bessarabia, or Vyborg.

Vichy would get French Guiana, but I should note that we have never tried adding Vichy yet to variant.  To do so would certainly require a tweaked setup and a list of special rules.  Also, since this is 1939, it feels acceptable to pretend that France will never surrender, but rather fight or retreat to Algeria etc.

• I do see quite a few mistakes in your picture, but I am assuming you recognized those or even purposely made them (like the trucks in China instead of artillery.)

I have one good question though:

WHAT is that HUGE battleship sculpt doing smashed on Alaska and British Columbia?!
    :?

• '17 Customizer

Hi,

So we use trucks to count for 3 inf (instead of chips) so that is why you see the trucks in China and elsewhere.  There are some smaller 75 Veld artillery in China too for the art.

I have a few more units to add, mostly neutrals.  If you see any other errors let me know.  I will scan through the set-up again.

Oh yeah…the big BB sitting in Canada is what we use for fleet markers. That is for America (ordered from http://www.panzerschiffe.com/index.html).  It isn’t in play or part of the set-up, just a holding place for it.

SJ

• '17 Customizer

Basic question here.  Are UK/France and Germany at war at the beginning?  Poland has not been invaded yet.

Thanks!…SJ

• Sorry for taking so long.  The answer is yes.

Present wars:
    UK/ANZAC/France vs. Germany
    China vs. Japan

• '17 Customizer

No worries, that is how we played.  Axis lost.  Still cannot compete with 52 non-war and 72+ was $ for USA.

Good set-up…Thanks!

• '17 Customizer

CDG,

Can Germany build a Major Factory in Romania once captured by the Germans?  In 1940 v2 it is possible because it begins German, but in the 1939 version it is not a German territory to begin the game.  I guess the same question/rule applies to Slovakia/Hungary.

Thank you,
    MF

• I feel the need to apologize again.  I’ve been absent so long.

The answer is yes.  Always, always, always go by what the map shows (in this case, that is an “originally” controlled territory of Germany).  I don’t care how many chips and roundels you got stacked up on that territory, if I see a German roundel printed and 3 IPCs (or more), it’s fair game.  :-P

• @Charles:

I feel the need to apologize again.  I’ve been absent so long.

Well when you wear a blue uniform and you are always on the run, of course its going to take you a lot time to come back around.
    :-)

• Still hunting me, uh?

Are you sure your name is Schutzstaffel and not Gestapostaffel?

• @Charles:

Still hunting me, uh?

Are you sure your name is Schutzstaffel and not Gestapostaffel?

:-D

• '17 Customizer

Great…TY for the clarification.  Your 1939 v3 has become our de-facto.

• I’m very proud to know that you and your group enjoy this setup enough to consistently play it.  I’ll be sure to pass on your approval to the other designers.  Sometimes we get a little dismayed when our more hardline teammates and enemies refuse to use our house rules on a regular basis, but knowing that other people around the web are using our creations is highly inspiring.

Good luck with your games!

• Disciplinary Group Banned

Nice, and a lot of work.  8-)

• '21 '18 '16

DeGaulle, I’ve been working on a Triple A setup for this. It still needs some coding but it is playable with the user guide and some editing.

• '17 Customizer

A 1936 setup would be cool… :-D

• @Dauvio:

It was worth it.  Thanks ;)
    @seancb:

DeGaulle, I’ve been working on a Triple A setup for this. It still needs some coding but it is playable with the user guide and some editing.

That’s great!  I wish I could get a computer running so I could play TripleA myself.  I don’t know what the software limitations are, but setting up territories like Belgian Congo and Eastern Poland would be quite a programming challenge.  I think most of those special rules will have to just be observed by the players as you said.
    @Moffett:

Hmm…I thought 1943 was going to be my last vanilla G40 project, but this request is temptingly challenging.

• Thanks for the updated version, we tried the one I copied about a year ago and our Axis had a tough time getting any where, we need to study the set up and make plans. It was short notice, when they showed up the set up was different. . .the 39 version and then we drew the roundel from the hat and what you draw, you play. so no time to make a plan, we’ll play again with the new version in a week or two.
    Glad to see people are still trying it
    S.A.

• '19

I really like the look of this setup, and (I don’t get to play frequently, but…) I look forward to playing it at my next session in early September.

I just performed a test setup yesterday and noticed a few things:

• I’m going to get a handful of grey German units from HBG to use as the standing armies for some of the new Pro-Axis neutrals such as Romania and Slovakia / Hungary to avoid confusion from the German player. This is despite me already using the Pro-Axis / Pro-Allied indicator chips from HBG. For the new Pro-Allied neutrals, which only have Infantry in their standing armies, I’m using white infantry pieces from HBG.

• I think your starting income/treasury for UK Europe is off by one IPC, should be 26 and not 27. I’ve counted several times, and as long as I haven’t missed a territory my best guess is you forgot to take away the 1 IPC for Belgian Congo which is a Pro-Allied neutral.
      Nevermind, I forgot British Columbia on the other side of the map. Sorry.

Thanks again for creating this scenario, I can’t wait to play it.

• @Charles:

@Dauvio:

It was worth it.  Thanks ;)
    @seancb:

That’s great!  I wish I could get a computer running so I could play TripleA myself.  I don’t know what the software limitations are, but setting up territories like Belgian Congo and Eastern Poland would be quite a programming challenge.  I think most of those special rules will have to just be observed by the players as you said.
    @Moffett:

Hmm…I thought 1943 was going to be my last vanilla G40 project, but this request is temptingly challenging.

Yes a 1936 version would be great!  I was just recently introduced to the 1940 with 20 powers and I have been reading up.  I think it would be great to have Poland, Holland, and Belgium before attacked and maybe a divided Spain as well.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m