[Global 1940] Major factory on Non original soil

• '19 '17 '16

Strikes me that the factory downgrade when you lose and regain a major is harsh and arguably unfair.

What if factories are limited to the production value of the territory if not on original soil, but also limited by the type of factory? Axis would be weakened by such a change because they couldn’t pump out so many units on fic, Ukraine, Leningrad.

Moderator’s edit: Added tag [Global 1940] to title

• '17 '16 '15

Non original soil :) lol. Sorry. Still a big investment.
    Isn’t that how AA50 does it ? Can’t remember

• '17

@simon33:

Strikes me that the factory downgrade when you lose and regain a major is harsh and arguably unfair.

What if factories are limited to the production value of the territory if not on original soil, but also limited by the type of factory? .

Do you mean this restriction (of producing only the value number of the territory) only to apply for the countries that capture the major, like Japan capturing India, or the US landing on W. Germany just to reduce the factory to a minor?

I would think this would be another way to add some balance. Forward factories next to Russia only producing 2 units for Germany…ect.

• @ShadowHAwk:

@simon33:

What if factories are limited to the production value of the territory if not on original soil, but also limited by the type of factory? Axis would be weakened by such a change because they couldn’t pump out so many units on fic, Ukraine, Leningrad.

It would also devalue any factories in the middle east. So UK can only produce 2 units there.
    But then strat bombing these factories would also have less effect.

Not if you raise the damage for a Minor factory to 8. This would favor the Allies more you would think. Minor IC with 8 damage and you cannot build until you payed 6 icps first just to build 1 piece. I’ve been tempted to do a Russian SBR run a few times. depends on where the Ger Figs are.

Or reduce any captured Major and Minor IC to build half only.
    Then if IC is liberated back to a original owner then the reduce build is removed.

• '19 '17 '16

@Ichabod:

@simon33:

What if factories are limited to the production value of the territory if not on original soil, but also limited by the type of factory? .

Do you mean this restriction (of producing only the value number of the territory) only to apply for the countries that capture the major, like Japan capturing India, or the US landing on W. Germany just to reduce the factory to a minor?

I would think this would be another way to add some balance. Forward factories next to Russia only producing 2 units for Germany…ect.

Yeah, that’s what I’m saying.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m