• '19 '18 '17

Ok, here I am in my first game of G40.2  Still learning the rules and the basics.

1. Germany has not declared war on Russia yet. Japan did not declare war on J2.

2. My Opponent has moved a large contingent of Japanese ships and transports to the coast of Burma on J2.

3. Can he move then that close before declaring war?

4. Also what the hell is he doing?  Any ideas? I mean he can hit Calcutta or go to Egypt.

Here is the forum link so  you can see the file yourself

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=40960.45

5. US – Can I move my US fleet to Midway or Wake Island without being at war. I am not sure how close I can get to Japan.

6. Any other advice? Help is appreciated. ( I want to put up a decent fight)

7. Thanks for your help.

• '19 '17 '16

The proposed ship movements are legit.Japan can’t approach usa mainland, usa can’t end turn next to Japanese territory.

Looks like a Calcutta take down is planned. If you can block this, which will be difficult and may be impossible, you will set Japan back.

• @simon33:

The proposed ship movements are legit.Japan can’t approach usa mainland, usa can’t end turn next to Japanese territory.

Looks like a Calcutta take down is planned. If you can block this, which will be difficult and may be impossible, you will set Japan back.

From my understanding of the Japanese-US non aggression is that if Japan gets within two turns of the homeland, then it’s a declaration of war. The rule doesn’t forbid such a movement in the sense of movement.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@AAGamer:

Ok, here I am in my first game of G40.2  Still learning the rules and the basics.

1. Germany has not declared war on Russia yet. Japan did not declare war on J2.

2. My Opponent has moved a large contingent of Japanese ships and transports to the coast of Burma on J2.

3. Can he move then that close before declaring war?
    Yes.

4. Also what the hell is he doing?  Any ideas? I mean he can hit Calcutta or go to Egypt.
    It is a modified India Crush without J2 DOW.  India is doomed, plus Philippines and maybe some islands. Then again, he could sail past India and on to Egypt or South Africa. You never know.

Here is the forum link so  you can see the file yourself

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=40960.45

5. US – Can I move my US fleet to Midway or Wake Island without being at war. I am not sure how close I can get to Japan.
    Yes you can. Your US fleet cannot be adjacent to a Japanese territory but those are fine. I am not saying that is a good idea or a bad idea but you can do it

6. Any other advice? Help is appreciated. ( I want to put up a decent fight)
    Consider consolidating your fleets next to Queensland. Again, not saying that is a good idea or a bad idea, but something to consider. Good luck

7. Thanks for your help.
    You are welcome

• AAGamer, I read through much of your game and yep India is in TROUBLE. One thing that you should consider in future games is to not pull back w/China, and fight for Yunnan if you can because it is a very strategic territory. In your game Japan took Yunnan on the first turn (yea you rolled bad), but he only had 2 inf holding it. You could have retaken it pretty easily IMO, getting your 6 IPC NO bonus, and chew up some of his inf. Best case is that you trade Yunnan for a turn or two but get your 6 IPC bonus every time you take it back. Plus if you build mech (maybe mech/tank) for UK India in the first turn you might be able to attack the Japanese in Yunnan through Burma. Yea this would keep the US out for an extra turn, but sometimes it is worth it to kill Japanese ground unis on UK2.

Because he still holds Yunnan all his air units can fly from Kwangsi (new air base) to hit India and land in Yunnan. He also has more transports that can make it to India from sz 36 because of his new naval base.

If I’m reading the script right you didn’t move your British BB in sz37, or your destroyer/cruiser from sz 39. You should move that BB ASAP so he can’t sink it where it sits (run 3 spaces maybe sz54 to hook up w/Anz & USA). You should also run the sz 39 ships to safety as well. One other thought is to block out his sz36 fleet from getting to sz 39 (India) by placing your dd in sz 37. If he declares war on you next turn (which seems very likely) he won’t be able to use those transports in sz36 to also attack India (can’t pass through your DD when at war with you). Just to point out though that those sz36 transports would then be used to take the Philippines and Dutch islands etc….

So if you block out the sz 36 transports he only has 6 ground units that can hit India next turn. I’m not sure what you have on India, but if he attacks it will surly cost him some planes. If he waits a turn to attack India then you have bought some time.

I don’t think he would bypass India and sail towards Egypt or S Africa because it would take 3 turns to get there. IDK though maybe the plan is to win in Europe by having Japan take a VC on the Euro map, you are playing Gargantua after all, everything is always on the table lol

Good luck

• '19 '18 '17

Thanks for the help and advice Variance and Wild Bill.

Yeah I thought I was in trouble. I just dont get the National Objectives yet. I wish I could get my games in the mail quicker. I have all the others.

So its hard to keep up on it all. Plus Gargantua is so good I don’t want to embarrass myself too much but I think I already did.

Thanks again.

• '17 '16 '15

IDK if this will help but when in doubt attack.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

LOL just saw this.  You cheeky buggers all plotting against me!  You could have just asked what I was up to and I would have told you! :)

And no I’m not that good, I’m just a regular guy, it’s just that I’am also willing to send plastic to it’s death much more often than most people.  :evil:

AAGamer has put up an incredibly well thought fight for a guy playing his FIRST G40 game ever.

That said, his time has come, and this is how our game is going right now.

• Yes, there will be a time where you are going to be that cookie…
    (Laughter in the back).

• '19 '18 '17

It was my first game… So I thought i might try…

So Gargantua – what you doing next in our game? Surrendering?? Or going to chew me up like the cookie monster?? LOL

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m