May Sub pass the Gibraltar strait while controlled by the opposite player & att

• Hi all and thanks in advance.

Back at it with subs and transports.

Can a German Sub attack from SZ 94 to SZ 91 targeting a US transport while an allied faction controls Gibraltar and Morocco?

Once again any help will be highly appreciated.

• Welcome to the forum, Fatherofsomeone. :-)

@Fatherofsomeone:

Can a German Sub attack from SZ 94 to SZ 91 targeting a US transport while an allied faction controls Gibraltar and Morocco?

Page 9 of the European 1940.2 rulebook states, that Gibraltar is the only territory controlling the Strait of Gibraltar.

Also:
    @rulebook:

Exception: Submarines of any power may pass through the Strait of Gibraltar regardless of which power controls it.

So ‘yes’ to your question.

HTH :-)

• Many thanks P@nther for the Help.

I have read the page mentioned but it says " it may pass through" so it can do it on the movement phase. So my question is can the sub move in the combat phase and attack?

• @Fatherofsomeone:

I have read the page mentioned but it says " it may pass through" so it can do it on the movement phase. So my question is can the sub move in the combat phase and attack?

In case the sub wants to attack it must move to SZ 91 (passing through the strait) during combat movement phase. Remember we have two movement phases - combat movement phase and noncombat movement phase.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m