• Forgone conclusion.  No more reason to watch.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/torino2006/news?slug=reu-icehockeywomendc&prov=reuters&type=lgns

Even if Finland gets a follow-up upset, US fans don’t really care.  We wanted the ultimate match vs Canada to repeat '98.

While NHL is cool, I think the Olympics bring a certain novelty w/Ladies Hockey.

Glory Days…
    They pass you by.

The men head into a game vs. Slovakia.  They might still pull through to the next round.

• Little thing called Men’s hockey going on… you know, the highest rated sport in either Olympics?

I just hate the whole scheduling.

• I was going to add an extra thread . . .

BIGGEST UPSETS EVER!!!

USA Women’s LOSES to SwedenD?!?!?!?!  I had US to win gold for sure!  I don’t see how the Canadian women can lose now (Trounced Finland 6-0 . . . nice)

and,
    Before the game even ended, CBC’s website had the following:

Switzerland Stuns Canadian Men

Canada Men LOSES to Swiss?!?!?!  This is sooooo huge.  I don’t think that there has ever been an upset like this in the history of the Olympics (well, our loss in Nagano to the Czech’s was pretty huge, but still . . . ).

And that women’s snowboard cross was unbelievable too . . . .  Poor Lindsey Jacobellis . . . (she claims that she was trying for stability - i’d buy that - you Americans are too hard on your champions).

• @cystic:

I was going to add an extra thread . . .

BIGGEST UPSETS EVER!!!

USA Women’s LOSES to SwedenD?!?!?!?!  I had US to win gold for sure!  I don’t see how the Canadian women can lose now (Trounced Finland 6-0 . . . nice)

and,
    Before the game even ended, CBC’s website had the following:Â

Switzerland Stuns Canadian Men

Canada Men LOSES to Swiss?!?!?!  This is sooooo huge.  I don’t think that there has ever been an upset like this in the history of the Olympics (well, our loss in Nagano to the Czech’s was pretty huge, but still . . . ).

And that women’s snowboard cross was unbelievable too . . . .  Poor Lindsey Jacobellis . . . (she claims that she was trying for stability - i’d buy that - you Americans are too hard on your champions).

I recall that the Czech Rep won Gold in Nagano.  Dominic Haschek played for Detroit soon after and they won the Stanley cup.
    Something about the Motor city not doing any real scouting of their own and then loading up on Olympic superstars every 4 years…

• Oh yeah,
    And both Canadian teams lose in curling to Italy and Japan?!?!?!

The world is going crazy.  I have no faith in anything or anyone anymore.

• @cystic:

Oh yeah,
    And both Canadian teams lose in curling to Italy and Japan?!?!?!

Next thing you know… the Jamaican Bobsled team will actually win a medal :-P

• I recall that the Czech Rep won Gold in Nagano.  Dominic Haschek played for Detroit soon after and they won the Stanley cup.
    Something about the Motor city not doing any real scouting of their own and then loading up on Olympic superstars every 4 years…

I wouldn’t knock Detroit’s scouting. They haven’t had a high draft pick in 15 years. Kind of like the Devils, they always find a way to restock.

• I never even knew that women played hackey. :-o Oh well, winter olympics are a sham anyway.

• @Yanny:

Little thing called Men’s hockey going on… you know, the highest rated sport in either Olympics?

Wow, is that true?  I wouldn’t have guessed that…

Heard a relatively funny line the other day:

“Hockey is for chalkies.”

• @Jermofoot:

@Yanny:

Little thing called Men’s hockey going on… you know, the highest rated sport in either Olympics?

i don’t get that . . . .

Hockey so kicks soccer’s ass.  It’s faster, there are MUCH better hits, and when you get hit and you go down, you move your ass up again as quickly as you can.  With soccer if someone looks at you wrong you fall down and start crying while holding your leg/arm/side etc.  Fricken suckholes.

• You tell him CC!!! :lol: At last we agree on something.

• @cystic:

@Jermofoot:

@Yanny:

i don’t get that . . . .

Hockey so kicks soccer’s a**.  It’s faster, there are MUCH better hits, and when you get hit and you go down, you move your a** up again as quickly as you can.  With soccer if someone looks at you wrong you fall down and start crying while holding your leg/arm/side etc.  Fricken suckholes.

Oh, I like hockey.  A friend said that to me because of the lack of anyone non-white in the hockey leagues.  It’s ironic because he’s half Indian and plays hockey.  My guess at the most watched event in the Olympics would be gymnastics or something.  Maybe track.

• ESPN did a poll a while back. “Which Olympic event do you watch most”. Ice Hockey was #1. I forget which was #2. Figure Skating maybe?

• @Yanny:

ESPN did a poll a while back. “Which Olympic event do you watch most”. Ice Hockey was #1. I forget which was #2. Figure Skating maybe?

Ah…I see.
    I thought this was a global poll.
    Now I understand.  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m