• I got a whole bunch of files for this game, never released. I will post soon

• Customizer

@Trenacker:

I actually started work on a spreadsheet to add new robin RD and resources to the base game. I also purchased some wooden barrels in micro size from Hobby Lobby, bought extra Airfix and Zvezda samurai, and an old copy of Shogun for the pieces.

Some great alternative rules sets are out there.

Hit me up in PM is you want to collaborate.

Airfix Samurai?

Simple version of marriage rules (adapted from my Conquest of the Empire Dynastic rules):

Game is divided into a number of “eras”. In COTE these are delineated by the inflation events, in Shogun players must agree a number of turns constituting an Era. Each player has a female noble piece in their own colour; think of her as a daughter or sister of your leading noble. At the beginning of each era there is a diplomatic phase in which players can negotiate a marriage contract between their female character and a Diamo (nominally the leader) of another player.

Players whose characters are married to each other have a binding alliance and cannot attack each other. The alliance lasts as long as the marriage OR till the end of the current era (after which it is considered that power has passed to the next generation.)

The only exception is that allies are free to use the ninja to attempt assassinations against their ally’s Diamo. This is a swift way to terminate an alliance that has fulfilled its purpose.

The rules can go deeper, for example birth rolls for female characters in which they may give birth to new Diamo for the succeeding era, or die in childbirth ending their marriage and thus the constituent alliance.

In the medieval version, female characters also inherit lands on the extinction of male family members, but as I understand it this is not really applicable to Japan as multiple wives meant no clans were ever without male heirs.

Note that only a player’s nominated leading Diamo can be married; hence a player can have only two active allies at a time.

Since marriage in Japan was rather different than Roman or Medieval Europe its possible to consider alternative rules such as a Diamo having several wives, or your leading Diamo (and hence active alliance) being determined by rank and hence liable to change mid-era.

Note: The Caesar (not Airfix!) set has an appropriate female figure.

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=728

• Customizer

Just in reference to the rules posted by IL above:

A married lady must be placed in the home castle of her husband.

An opponent may use the Ninja to kidnap a female character instead of assassination. She may be held for ransom.

An army using roads can move through (but not end in) a region controlled by another player (with that player’s permission) without provoking combat.

A further import from the Dynastic rules is succession: when a Diamo is killed the owning player must make a succession roll to determine the loyalty of the heir to that clan. In most cases the new Lord will be loyal to the original faction; he simply takes over the army (and castle) commanded by his father, though he starts at the lowest level as commander. But the risk is that in a minority of cases the clan will pass to an indirect heir who will switch loyalty to another faction.

• Just in reference to the rules posted by IL above:

A married lady must be placed in the home castle of her husband.

An opponent may use the Ninja to kidnap a female character instead of assassination. She may be held for ransom.

An army using roads can move through (but not end in) a region controlled by another player (with that player’s permission) without provoking combat.

A further import from the Dynastic rules is succession: when a Diamo is killed the owning player must make a succession roll to determine the loyalty of the heir to that clan. In most cases the new Lord will be loyal to the original faction; he simply takes over the army (and castle) commanded by his father, though he starts at the lowest level as commander. But the risk is that in a minority of cases the clan will pass to an indirect heir who will switch loyalty to another faction.

what?

• Customizer

Perhaps this will help you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-B9DLOh7EI

• That “helped” in no way whatsoever

• Customizer

@Imperious:

That “helped” in no way whatsoever

I suggest you try a combination of Lemon, Melon and Pomegranate juice.

• I suggest you try a combination of Lemon, Melon and Pomegranate juice.

Okay. Now what

• '21 '20 '18 '17

You have to split the difference between the “Total War/Europa Universalis/Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms” school of Warring States games, and the beer n pretzels (sake and edemame?) of Shogun/Ikusa.

• @billinjackson:

@taamvan:

sweet.  the new version seemed really short of pieces to me, we didn’t play it but I have it.   It always seemed like you needed jillions of ashigaru…

You are correct. I used to break out shogun to add their pieces - always a pain

Sorry, from what I understand, the troop count is limited in order to increase attacks.  Basically, the only way to increase your number of troops is to kill off an opponent…you then get his troops to use.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m