• Het so im wondering what are some good stragegies for the usa that can effect both sides of the board. Any advice?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Good question.

Looking forward to comments ;)

• Rule number 1, match the Japanese fleet this still allows you to build for Europe. 2) Status of the UK strength and ability here must be observed and according to that formulate your course of action.
    I like early on if not attacked to stage in SZ 54 in the Pacific and have 3 loaded transports ready to go in Europe turn 4. Holding Gibraltar turn 4 on out becomes rather important.
    1 Bomber a turn starting turn 2 is also a good thing with range and flexibility.
    If UK is in good shape in the Middle East and Germany rather quite strong, then attacking the strict neutrals by both the Brits and US is a viable option.

Too many factors here to say you must do this because doing that might become a better route to go.

• I always like the idea of building a navy that matches Japan in firepower and then turn around and build fighters and bombers on the east to put them on London to stop Axis bombing as well as in a pinch, moving them to USSR if needed. After that, build a navy with landing craft and target Italy first.

• '18 '17 '16

Regardless of where you decide to build your fleet, shuck 2 dudes to Hawaii every turn until they topple over from being piled so high. That’s one victory city Japan will never get.

• Disciplinary Group Banned

How about invest in research, and technology??? It’s something to think about since they can’t do anything until round four.

• RND is basically hated in G40 mostly because no one except the US can really afford to spend that kind of money and even then, you shouldn’t do it because you’re wasting money you should be using to build a fleet you will need as soon as US can get into the fight, the last thing you want to deal with is 4 wasted turns of RND for nothing and Axis are tearing up the Allies and you’re just now build a fleet.

@Caesar:

RND is basically hated in G40 mostly because no one except the US can really afford to spend that kind of money and even then, you shouldn’t do it because you’re wasting money you should be using to build a fleet you will need as soon as US can get into the fight, the last thing you want to deal with is 4 wasted turns of RND for nothing and Axis are tearing up the Allies and you’re just now build a fleet.

Well said Caesar Seriona.  8-) 8-) 8-)

• O S D

Observe the game, what is Axis doing. What side needs the support of US more?
    Wich Axis power is Stronger??

Seek for opportunities to position your self with the US to place a threat against Germany, Italy and Japan. Or send support for your Allies (CVs and DDs).

and Destroy!! Don’t hesitate.

• Japan and US are the only two nations that can afford to waste money on RND and if they spend maybe one turn wasted on it or something like one research per turn, it really wouldn’t hurt their war effort.

• I usually play with yghs rules so rnd is wayy out of the question purchase wise

• I started doing the rule where every time to conquer a city and every time you liberate a city, you get a free RND.

• '19 '17 '16

USA theory 1:
    Buy 2TTs, DD, CV, ftr, inf US1 and put them in the Atlantic.

With a J2 DOW, these can reach Norway US3 if the Germans don’t block it. I try this every time but it usually goes wrong somewhere along the way. A competent German player will put at least one DD in the water G2, which can be used to block the invasion whether it goes via SZ91 or SZ123. In theory, the USSR can clear the via Iceland route so long as the US planes are left on the airbase. I don’t know but I think if executed correctly this theory should work .

USA theory 2:
    invade Korea, reinforce with the USSR far east stack. Generally, if you are able to execute this it is because the IJN is in the money islands and the USN isn’t. Not sure if that is a good idea for the USN or not.

USA theory 3:
    Buy a lot of subs to back your carrier groups even when defending. Your attack becomes pretty awesome. Don’t worry so much about putting actual US troops on too many islands or the Chinese mainland. Once you control the seas, UK_Pac or ANZAC are likely to be better for taking the islands except Iwo Jima.

• @simon33:

USA theory 1:

With a J2 DOW, these can reach Norway US3 if the Germans don’t block it. I try this every time but it usually goes wrong somewhere along the way. A competent German player will put at least one DD in the water G2, which can be used to block the invasion whether it goes via SZ91 or SZ123. In theory, the USSR can clear the via Iceland route so long as the US planes are left on the airbase. I don’t know but I think if executed correctly this theory should work .

USA theory 2:
    invade Korea, reinforce with the USSR far east stack. Generally, if you are able to execute this it is because the IJN is in the money islands and the USN isn’t. Not sure if that is a good idea for the USN or not.

USA theory 3:
    Buy a lot of subs to back your carrier groups even when defending. Your attack becomes pretty awesome. Don’t worry so much about putting actual US troops on too many islands or the Chinese mainland. Once you control the seas, UK_Pac or ANZAC are likely to be better for taking the islands except Iwo Jima.

USA 1 is a standard US play in the European front.
    USA 2 isn’t a bad idea, the problem is that it will take US 2 turns to get to Korea and you have to pass Japan and a Kam Zone to reach it.
    USA 3 I don’t like. While I try to get India and ANZAC to boost there money and get into the fight, I feel these two nations are better off fighting in China.

• Sure, take Java but at that point, you’d want to make sure Mayla is secured and then go for your NO.

• '19 '17 '16

@Caesar:

@simon33:

USA theory 1:

USA theory 2:

USA theory 3:

USA 1 is a standard US play in the European front.
    I haven’t seen many people do the via Iceland route. Normally USA only builds Atlantic fleet to go after Normandy/Sth France
    USA 2 isn’t a bad idea, the problem is that it will take US 2 turns to get to Korea and you have to pass Japan and a Kam Zone to reach it.
    Bigger problem is that Japan will probably put down blockers in SZ17. Sometimes even if you put a naval base on Midway they will put down 3 blockers. Kami isn’t much of a problem unless they’re cheeky enough to put in a sub and you don’t have a flotilla of destroyers to fight through the Kamis
    USA 3 I don’t like. While I try to get India and ANZAC to boost there money and get into the fight, I feel these two nations are better off fighting in China.

Without getting some money from the money islands UK_Pac doesn’t have much income to fight Japan in China. ANZAC are good for hitting the minor islands like Carolines, as has been pointed out.

@Caesar:

Sure, take Java but at that point, you’d want to make sure Mayla is secured and then go for your NO.

If Malaya is secured, Japan are well on their way to being defeated!

• I feel that it really depends on what each axis side is doing

For example: Germany decides to go full sealion. US should build up a “Liberation force”. Or if Germany is a lot more threating, then the US should build up a substational force and land it where ever its needed. (NA, Italy, Norway, etc.)

If Japan is more threatning, then a large fleet build up is the way to go. Droping 2 dudes on Hawaii per turn is a great idea here.

Personally, Japan is the one that I ususally go for.

Germany first buy -

1 Carrier
    2 Transports
    1 Destroyer
    1 Sub
    (Placed in SZ 101)

2 Infantry
    (Western US)

2 left

Japan first buy

2 Carriers
    1 Battleship

Balanced(ish) buy

1 Carrier
    1 Bomber
    (SZ 6)

1 Destroyer
    1 Sub
    1 Transport
    (SZ 101)

1 Infantry
    (Western US or Eastern US)

• I personally prefer a large navy against Japan and a large bomber/fighter force for Germany and then build a navy second. Obviously if Sea Lion is showing up, then you need a navy in the east.

You can ship equipment from Alaska to Soviet Far East since they are next door to each other.

• I don’t think it’s worth building a minor on Alaska just to do that when you can reach USSR far east from LA anyways.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m