Is there currently an average bid(or even a bid) in G40 2nd edition

• '19 '17 '16

Good question AA Gamer. I guess keeping it alive means it’s easier to keep a shuck going to Normandy and perhaps Holland. Germany then bleeds a little from needing to constantly fight this force.

Not sure what you mean about Germany could adjust where they attack? After you scramble, there is no more opportunity to change your attacks. Are you talking about attacks on later rounds?

• '19 '18 '17

What I mean Simon is before they issue there orders you have a general idea if they might scramble or not–its just a feeling really – and you could then send more units to the other battle and not waste sending to the Scotland area is all I was saying.

• '17

@AAGamer:

What I mean Simon is before they issue there orders you have a general idea if they might scramble or not–its just a feeling really – and you could then send more units to the other battle and not waste sending to the Scotland area is all I was saying.

That’s fine too. If the UK doesn’t scramble after all. You still have an extra fighter.

Recently I’ve signed on to the Scotland fighter bid.

• '19 '18 '17

So my question is this. With all these great ideas what is a good bid for the allies?

I mean:
    1 fighter in Scotland
    1 Inf in Dutch East Indies

What else? a sub for UK off Egypt? 6 armor in Russia?

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

In over 300 games under the belt, bid always goes to Mediterranean theater.

Usually:

1 sub w/Brit fleet off Egypt.

Artillery w/army in Alexandria

Tank w/army in Egypt

if more, another sub w/Cruiser off Gibraltar

Maybe transport off South Africa

Never got the fighter in Scotland that I can recall.  Germany has an extra sub to play with, so you plunk a ftr in Scot means it comes back to channel battles instead of doubling down on dd and trn off Canada.  Not very effective.

• TripleA

Personally I like 2 subs… lately I like to full scramble so the 2 subs to attack round 1 (because my air is dead) is welcome.

I take extra money and shove it on london itself because I am yoloing.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I have seen some guys doing all sub bids. If you can get the bid to 30 -  5 subs with all major fleets can do alot of damage, and can really assist UK / hamper axis early; And make G1 painful to plan.

1 off canada,
    2 off UK with fleets,
    1 off gibraltar,
    1 with med fleet

• '19 '17 '16

@Gargantua:

I have seen some guys doing all sub bids. If you can get the bid to 30 -  5 subs with all major fleets can do alot of damage, and can really assist UK / hamper axis early; And make G1 painful to plan.

1 off canada,
    2 off UK with fleets,
    1 off gibraltar,
    1 with med fleet

Sounds like a sub-standard strategy to me….  :-P

I’ll be here all week, folks.

• @StuckTojo:

@Gargantua:

I have seen some guys doing all sub bids. If you can get the bid to 30 -�  5 subs with all major fleets can do alot of damage, and can really assist UK / hamper axis early; And make G1 painful to plan.

1 off canada,
    2 off UK with fleets,
    1 off gibraltar,
    1 with med fleet

Sounds like a sub-standard strategy to me….�  :-P

LOL

You are very witty good sir.

:-D

PS: is there a cover charge at your next gig?

• '19 '17 '16

@PainState:

@StuckTojo:

@Gargantua:

I have seen some guys doing all sub bids. If you can get the bid to 30 -� � 5 subs with all major fleets can do alot of damage, and can really assist UK / hamper axis early; And make G1 painful to plan.

1 off canada,
    2 off UK with fleets,
    1 off gibraltar,
    1 with med fleet

Sounds like a sub-standard strategy to me….� � :-P

LOL

You are very witty good sir.

:-D

PS: is there a cover charge at your next gig?

Nope.  Just keep feeding me whisky.  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m