• Does this version have any rule changes compared to the first anniversary edition? � Or what was the updated rules about?

• No rules changed. Some rewriting for clarity.

• Good to hear. Thanks

• Bummer.  I wanted a 2nd edition AA50 with updated anti-aircraft rules ala 1940 & 1942 2nd editions.  :(

• @zooooma:

Bummer.  I wanted a 2nd edition AA50 with updated anti-aircraft rules ala 1940 & 1942 2nd editions.  :(

Any reason you can’t just insert the updated AAA rules? With cost adjustments I’m pretty sure there’s no real balancing issue.

• @LincolnsTopHat:

Any reason you can’t just insert the updated AAA rules? With cost adjustments I’m pretty sure there’s no real balancing issue.

Replacing all AAs with AAAs in the set up would likely affect the opening strategies.  I figure if AH/LH had made this update the initial unit placement would be modified.

The people I play with prefer to play with official version of the rules and tend to shy away from house rules anyway.

• @zooooma:

@LincolnsTopHat:

Replacing all AAs with AAAs in the set up would likely affect the opening strategies.  I figure if AH/LH had made this update the initial unit placement would be modified.

The people I play with prefer to play with official version of the rules and tend to shy away from house rules anyway.

I am playing with official AA50 rules, but I did remove all the grey generic AA and replaced them with national AAA for looks if nothing else (actually, I’m using my units from my other A&A games for AA50, since they are more accurate anyways [like actual Italian ships instead of German ships for Italy])… to be honest, I’m playing AA50 but haven’t even opened my AA50 unit bags… still wondering what I will do with them.

• Todays my b-day. Send them to me!!!

• @Bob77:

Todays my b-day. Send them to me!!!

Oh, I’m terribly sorry… I missed your birthday… I would have sent you all my unoponed AA50 pieces, but now it’s the 10th, and your birthday is past… :-(

Sorry friend, I guess I’ll just keep holding onto them till I figure out what I’m going to do with them!

• Only 364 days til my next b-day.

In all seriousness, there is a place to sell or trade somewhere on this forum. Or hbg might buy them. Maybe you could get store credit and buy something you’d rather have.

• To be honest, I almost question why I even bought AA50… I mean I do love the game and I am playing it, but it almost feels like I spent  $80 for the new rulebook… lol.

I already had more than enough pieces from my other AA games (including Italy and China) that I don’t need the pieces that comes with the game, and I could print the map from the files on this site… of course it’s nice to have it all in a box (that’s kinda too big, lol), and I’m happy to throw my money at WotC to support them, but after I get around to printing the map (and using the armies I already had) I won’t be using most of what’s in the box! Great game though,  feels great to have AA50 after missing it first time around  (and I certainly wasn’t paying the  $500 cost on Ebay… I wonder how much they’re going for now?).

• @zooooma:

@LincolnsTopHat:

Yeah, I can see how house rules’d be tricky when playing outside of family. Still, I’d like to see someone try it out and see if it works…

@Nowhere:

To be honest, I almost question why I even bought AA50… I mean I do love the game and I am playing it, but it almost feels like I spent  $80 for the new rulebook… lol.

I already had more than enough pieces from my other AA games (including Italy and China) that I don’t need the pieces that comes with the game, and I could print the map from the files on this site… of course it’s nice to have it all in a box (that’s kinda too big, lol), and I’m happy to throw my money at WotC to support them, but after I get around to printing the map (and using the armies I already had) I won’t be using most of what’s in the box! Great game though,  feels great to have AA50 after missing it first time around  (and I certainly wasn’t paying the  $500 cost on Ebay… I wonder how much they’re going for now?).

Just curiously, how do you plan on getting it printed? I’ve been looking around, and so far most printing sites are almost as expensive as getting the game itself.

• @zooooma:

@LincolnsTopHat:

Ya ive been posting about this as well. Got it as a gift so cant test out till xmas using the new AAA rules/ casulties and how much it really affects strategy/ gameplay at setup. but already have enough of the new AAA sculpts ready to go and plan on using the new rules leavin at $6 and also maybe sticking with the specific targeted bomber or fighter rule, but then goin with the one AAA still shooting at 3 total planes.

• @LincolnsTopHat:

Just curiously, how do you plan on getting it printed? I’ve been looking around, and so far most printing sites are almost as expensive as getting the game itself.

Oh, printing the map isn’t about saving money (unless it was 2016 and you were trying to “make” AA50 without spending $500+ on E-Bay for an out-of-print used copy of AA50).

TBH, I’d be surprised if you could print a map for under the price of the game… the purpose of printing the map is usually to make a BIGGER map that is a single piece without creases or separate board issues for a more enjoyable way to play the game (I have printed maps for all my versions of A&A… I like bigger maps without the creases).

If you’re looking to save money, by all means, buy the game and play on the board that comes with it… that’s the cheapest way to play AA50 (at least in 2017).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m