• Yes, which stipulates that a country that has lost its capital can only have its territories taken control of by its allies if that territory has previously been controlled by the opposing side

• '18 '17 '16

Of course there is a rule, that’s why everyone is trying to tell you what it is. In the section of the rulebook that is titled “Liberating a Territory” it states the rule clearly;

If the original controller’s (the power whose territory you just liberated) capital is in enemy hands at the end of the turn in which you would otherwise have liberated the territory, you capture the territory instead.

If you read the beginning of the Combat Movement section you will find that you have to end your movement in a hostile zone. In other words, you can’t attack your allies, friendly neutrals, or yourself for that matter. Any movement into FIC by ANZAC would be a non-combat move in which you wouldn’t conquer it, or a combat move into it under axis control where you would either liberate it for France if they still had a capital, or conquer it for ANZAC if France didn’t have a capital.

• It’s not like a Dutch territory either, even though it states in the rules that the Dutch should be treated as an Allied power who’s lost its capital or something, even though the allies can walk in and take control of the islands. Not sure about the exact wording of that rule

• @Elsass-Lorraine:

It�s not like a Dutch territory either, even though it states in the rules that the Dutch should be treated as an Allied power who�s lost its capital or something, even though the allies can walk in and take control of the islands. Not sure about the exact wording of that rule

Dutch rule just says that any allied nation can take there island over except US when NOT at war (from my understanding). From my understanding, I was told by people that it was legal for allies to non combat occupied powers at war. I do not doubt the rule says you have to conquer it under enemy control. It just seems strange to me, it’s not like the occupied power is making money and you’d think the territory would gladly help with production.

• Uk/anzac have special rule with dutch and can noncom take over dutch territories with inf, mech, art or tank. No other nation can do this.
    Only nations at war can enter another nations land territory. Neutral us or ussr may not leave their borders for any kind of land movement.
    Who ever told you you can noncom friendly occupied territories was wrong ( except for my opening point above)
    Feel free to disagree with the rules, but they are the rules. You can always mod them, but sometimes that badly unbalances the game.

• I get that now. And I’m not here to argue with the rules one bit. I am saying it’s stupid and I am sure people agree with that. However, again, I understand why the rule exist.

• Just been trying to help you understand better. You think you got all this now?

• Yeah, unfortunately, I am going to have to try to find ways to get cheap income in for ANZAC. I am playing against a Japanese player who is aggressive with the Dutch but won’t invade ANZAC strangely.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Well, its actually kind a nuanced rule,  because it creates a risk when the Axis take something over, that the allies can liberate that.  It especially applies to the mahgreb, Syria, etc–if the Axis ignore those lands, they can never be liberated or host allied bases.  If the Axis ignore them, they often become allied landing spots, so that’s rich play as well.

FiC is a good example too, because its an easy take for Japan that often gets taken back by another Ally—so its cadgey play by Japan to leave it alone if they cant hold it.

If you mean its not realistic, its worse than that;  the French were supposed to be an Ally, at least in the mythology of the War, but did much to resist/impede the Allies…so after the fall of France it would be just as or more accurate to depict the Vichy French as Axis…as in BM…which you could very easily HR.

• TripleA

Okay Japan can Dow France and Japan only loses the national objective, no war or USA enter… Some players do this in order to place a minor ic.

• TripleA

But yeah Anzac or UK pacific usually doesn’t get fic… Usually it stays Japan for the whole game. China can’t leave China and if there is one thing Japan does it is hold that area as long as possible for income or blast india… Otherwise India becomes a second Russia making Europe win impossible and Pacific win requires India out usually.

• '19 '17 '16

@Caesar:

I get that now. And I’m not here to argue with the rules one bit. I am saying it’s stupid and I am sure people agree with that. However, again, I understand why the rule exist.

It’s stupid but you understand why it exists? Hmm…

• '18 '17 '16

It makes perfect sense to me that you are prohibited from attacking your allies or from stealing their territory. Regardless of how much you want to steal their money or resources, you just don’t do that to if you want your other allies to trust you. Just because France doesn’t have a capital anymore, that doesn’t mean that they want to give away what little they have left.

• @simon33:

@Caesar:

I get that now. And I’m not here to argue with the rules one bit. I am saying it’s stupid and I am sure people agree with that. However, again, I understand why the rule exist.

It’s stupid but you understand why it exists? Hmm…

Yeah, it’s stupid that nation without a government can’t lend its territory to its allies. We saw this in WWII with African colonies that refused to serve Vichy France nor Germany in there occupied parents. However, I also can see why for the sake of the game, you can’t just walk into your allies and then annex there income, the Allies would have the greatest advantage of just converting French territory.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m