Hello together, most of us know about “The Sneaky Karl”. UK player moves a destroyer into the seazone, where the Japanese transports are during its “Noncombat Move”, ANZAC declares war during its turn, leading to a simultaneous declaration of war of UK. Next round Japan cannot load its transports for a “Combat Move” at that SZ, because it is now hostile.
But what are the real advantages of the ANZAC DOW and what are the disadvantages?
Let us assume, UK moves its destroyer as above mentioned, but ANZAC does not DOW on Japan. What does it change? Japan still cannot use its transports for “Combat Move” to attack UK territories like Borneo. Reason being, Japan needs to do a DOW first and then the SZ is hostile. So where is the difference?
with ANZAC DOW:
- ANZAC gets additional 5-10 IPC on National Objectives for being at war
- Japan cannot load its transports at that SZ during “Combat Move” at all
- Japan gets 10 IPC on National Objectives if they do not DOW on USA
- USA is not able to attack or move to e.g. Brazil if Japan does not DOW on USA
without ANZAC DOW:
- Japan cannot load its transports at that SZ during “Combat Move” to attack UK, ANZAC or Dutch territories.
- If Japan still DOW, USA is able to attack on US3 and move to Brazil
- Japan gets either 10 IPC on National Objectives if they do not DOW on USA or
- Japan can DOW on USA and France and use the transports to e.g. attack Philippines.
Did I miss anything?