Oh I have one!
This would take a fair bit of work and dedicated people to pull it off, but it might actually be pretty fun to do it.
There are people who learn about axis & allies by watching youtube videos.
Suppose you were a new recruit and you went to youtube looking for info, and you found a channel with a series of videos with the following features:
- the first video explains that the game can be played face to face with the physical board and pieces, or online with triplea (maybe show a board set up and a triplea screen and move some pieces around on both to demonstrate)
- the videos are recordings of turns in an actual game being played by some pretty good players
- each video is a screen recording of a turn being done by one of the players, with their voiceover explaining their move
- each video concludes by showing them post the turn on……drumroll… axis and allies league forum
- the game has some typical moves that demonstrate common strategies in the game (eg sealion threat & defense etc)
- in the video description give a link to the site, the thread for that particular game on the forum, and where to get the K.I.S.S. triplea guide
- ask the youtube guys to give a shout out in the interest of promoting the game and building the pool of players
This is a great idea varience with one exception. None of the YouTubers that I know of also play Triple A. You couldn’t do the type of videos that you’re talking about without being a player and having the screenshots to share on your channel.
What you really need to do to develop this good idea is have one of the Triple A players become a YouTuber. It’s not rocket science on having your own channel and there are plenty of resources out there on YouTube to show you how to do it. It would certainly be a unique channel compared to the others that are out there. One of the difficulties in putting out content for each of us is trying to find different ways or things to talk about on our channels that haven’t been done before. The only thing close to what you’re talking about is a channel by Panzer Penguin located here;
I think that what you might find that after one person starts to put out Triple A content on YouTube then others will follow. I can tell you that it is something that I would subscribe to and watch. It’s difficult to spend the required amount of time to read game summaries in that section in the forum without eventually going cross-eyed from reading page after page. Seeing it in video format would be a much more attractive option. I can envision you showing the playoff and championship games complete with commentary and analysis.
One of the best things about being a YouTuber is the community that we are developing there. Every one of us promotes each other’s channel and videos. I’m sure that I wouldn’t be alone in promoting your channel(s) as well. I have no doubt that over time your game will grow from the exposure and we will all be better players from watching your channel.
If anyone is interested in giving it a shot, I will help out in any way that I can in helping you to get started and answering any questions you might have.