Total Victory

• Does anybody play the 12 city victory condition?  Isn’t the game pretty much decided by the time one power takes 10 cities?

• I’d say that the game is pretty much over yes.
    However, there are circumstances where it might not be the case.

Example:
    Allies has focused so much on taking Germany that they’ve let Japan run rampant.
    Japan has become so strong as a result of this that they actually stand a fighting chance.

Not very probable, but nonetheless possible.

• Well you can technicaly have 10 without having russia.
    So japan has all of asia but lacks leningrad there you have and the allies just took out germany. This would be a fun battle since japan can try to librerate germany while the allies try to muster a fleet to attack japan with.

• I pretty much always play “total victory”. That is because I play with competent people who are willing to acknowledge when they have been beaten, and willing to convince me when I have been. There is no shame in surrendering and saving yourself hours of your life. This keeps us from drinking beer until 9 am the next morning. Well, at least from drinking beer and playing axis and allies.

• @aaFiendish:

I pretty much always play “total victory”. That is because I play with competent people who are willing to acknowledge when they have been beaten, and willing to convince me when I have been. There is no shame in surrendering and saving yourself hours of your life. This keeps us from drinking beer until 9 am the next morning. Well, at least from drinking beer and playing axis and allies.

LOL!  Fiendish, you are my kind of player… but in a face-to-face mode rather than online (that way we can drink the beer…)

20th Anniversary Give Away

In January 2000 this site came to life and now we're celebrating our 20th Anniversary with a prize giveaway of 30+ prizes. See this link for the list of prizes and winners.
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys
T-shirts, Hats, and More

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys

Users

Topics

1.4m