• Would a “Man in the High Castle” scenario work well in an Axis and Allies type game? If so what kind of board suit it best? (Other than the obvious Global board). For the unaware, “The Man in the High Castle” is an Alt-History book/TV show in which the Axis win WW2, and take over the world.
    I’m thinking of having there be 2 sides, and 6 powers to play as.
    Europa: Lead by Nazi Germany the political powers would be the German Reich, the Greater German Reich (Nazi America), and the Neo-Roman Empire (Italy).
    East Asian Sphere: Lead by Imperial Japan the political powers would be the Japanese Empire, the Pacific States of America (Japanese America), and the Southern Asian Alliance (Consisting of India, Thailand, and the Philippines).
    Thoughts?

• I think it is a cool idea. But have you seen HBG’s game Amerika? It is similiar in concept.
    If you are basing the game off the show, you probably need to a Resistance element.

• '17

Nice an alternate setup for the same board. Good idea!

Really only need to change setups and development of a new political situation. Then use the same mechanics of whatever version of map you play 42, 40, or other global varrients. The hard part is establishing a balance. But you are creating it from scratch, so any bonus income, setup etc. Is adjustable to create the best balance.

Wildcat’s point on resistance makes sence. Possibly allow revolt if no units are in occupied zone. There are different partisan rules on here or make your own. If you want to resurrect the occupied and dead nations.

I dont have amerika, but I believe it is later in timeline so you could borrow some tech etc. From the varrient.

• Why yes I am aware if Amerika by HBG. However I would have the German Reich’s side face off against the Japanese Empire’s. I think the resistance is a great idea! What if the resistance was the U.S resistance allied with the remanants of the U.S.S.R and British Empire as one power? Also to Rnak Carcass, I believe Amerika is set in 1947, while Man in the High Castle is set in the mid 1960s

• It sounds like a cool idea. You could divide the world up according to what’s told in the book or use the map shown in the show.

I would be against a resistance element though - but that’s probably because I prefer the book over the TV show (there is no resistance in the book). In addition, ‘partisan rules’ sound like a tedious game mechanic where you have to always keep 1 unit behind to maintain order à la Risk.

You would also have to introduce technology into the game I think, because the technology gap between the Germans and Japanese are an integral part of the storyline (rocket-aeroplanes, A-bombs).

• Technology sounds very intriguing! Do you think using pieces from HBG’s “Amerika” would be a good idea for that?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m