• '18 '17 '16

Vann has no idea how to play Axis and Allies as he has proven that over and over again on the forums with his silly behaviour and nonsensical posts. He only knows how to be a troll. After he finally gets the boot from this site he will go and be a troll somewhere else because that’s what pathetic little people with compromised mental capacity do. They troll because they don’t have any other useful skills to rely on. It’s a shame that it has taken this long to ban him while he makes a mockery of our hobby and this site. Many other sites would have banned him after his first ridiculous post which was an obvious attempt to troll the community.

Other than the middle finger that he flashes the community with each and every word now, he has nothing to offer this site. It has nothing to do with democracy at this point, it’s all about self respect. Please remove him.

• '17 '16

@Dauvio:

When I first got here I call the punch formula the punch drunk formula because I din’t see any use for it since I had the ENIGMA (vann) FORMULAS. I was wrong. You can use the punch formula for strategic purposes. You attack once to weaken the enemies forces, then you retreat.

Now the punch formula is this, you add up all your strength (S) points, and you divide that by how many units (U) you have. That will tell you how strong (X) your force is for a one round battle.

S*U=X  Punch is S/6 = hits inflicted in a single round

This approximately give the number of hit you will make.

But Sum of all combat points (Punch)* Hits = Stack strength allows to compare with opponent stack more accurately.

4 Tanks A3 vs 6 Infs D2 is same 12 Punch points or P/6 = for 2 hits.
    But 124 =48  compared to 126 = 72
    This showed that 1 round strafe can be much damaging to Tanks.
    Even if 2 hits seems the avg,
    it is 33.0% of loosing 2 Tanks vs 37% of loosing 2 Infs
    But it is also 10% of loosing 4 Tanks compared to 6% of loosing 4 Infs.

Edit: After many trials on AACalc, it seems there is always an avg 4% better odds of survival from 50% loss to no loss at all on the Tanks side. For instance, 2 Tank loss or less is : 68.5% vs 2 Tanks or more: 64.5%
    2 Inf loss or less is 68.5% vs 2 Inf or more is 69%

So, it seems that a greater number of lower rolls is less damaging.  
    Any explanation ?

http://calc.axisandallies.org/?mustland=0&abortratio=0&saveunits=0&strafeunits=0&aInf=&aArt=&aArm=4&aFig=&aBom=&aTra=&aSub=&aDes=&aCru=&aCar=&aBat=&adBat=&dInf=6&dArt=&dArm=&dFig=&dBom=&dTra=&dSub=&dDes=&dCru=&dCar=&dBat=&ddBat=&ool_att=Bat-Inf-Art-AArt-Arm-Sub-SSub-Des-Fig-JFig-Cru-Bom-HBom-Car-dBat-Tra&ool_def=Bat-Inf-Art-AArt-Arm-Bom-HBom-Sub-SSub-Des-Car-Cru-Fig-JFig-dBat-Tra&battle=Run&rounds=1&reps=10000&luck=pure&ruleset=AA1942&territory=&round=1&pbem=

Of course, it easily assessed by comparing hits on both sides, but in more complex case, the stack formula gives the best answer. Edit: I can not tell based on empirical tests.
    Does stack formula is only useful for full fledge assault?

P.S. After reading carefully, you were not using the punch formula. Basically, we are talking about the same formula which I named Stack formula (based on Lanchester laws) short of a better name.

Now the punch formula is this, you add up all your strength (S) points, and you divide that by how many units (U) you have. That will tell you how strong (X) your force is for a one round battle.

S/U = X is only giving the average power of a given stack.

• Disciplinary Group Banned

@Dauvio:

When I first got here I call the punch formula the punch drunk formula because I din’t see any use for it since I had the ENIGMA (vann) FORMULAS. I was wrong. You can use the punch formula for strategic purposes. You attack once to weaken the enemies forces, then you retreat.

S*U=X

• MY BLUNDER

Accoarding to the battlecalc all you do is to add up the strength points to get your punch number. My apologies to the visitors of A&A dot org.

• Thats why nobody uses Vann formula :cry:

• '17 '16

Wow, I really missed all the Vann drama… I only get bits and pieces of it late in the cycle… I guess I’m going to have to come up with the WOLF FORMULA to make things right as rain!

• OH Boy. WOLF FORMULAS

4/6=111^99>49%+<28^=1

Cant fricken wait !!!

• A magazine advertisement once featured this formula…

(3.5G + V/2)
    --------------- + 3(360^o) = M
        H2O^3

…which is a joking representation of the formula for a martini: 3.5 measures of gin and half a measure of vermouth poured over ice (“water cubed”) and stirred three times.  When the ad originally came out, one critic asked, “Who’s ever heard of a martini without an olive?”

• '17

@SS:

OH Boy. WOLF FORMULAS

4/6=111^99>49%+<28^=1

Cant fricken wait !!!

Sadly, the community has to use these nonsensical ideas. It may result in an atom particle split, but it won’t make a G5 Bryansk Blues.

If only, just maybe I’ll release the Ichabod Equations…not sure if the community is worthy or not.

• @Ichabod:

@SS:

OH Boy. WOLF FORMULAS

4/6=111^99>49%+<28^=1

Cant fricken wait !!!

Sadly, the community has to use these nonsensical ideas. It may result in an atom particle split, but it won’t make a G5 Bryansk Blues.

If only, just maybe I’ll release the Ichabod Equations…not sure if the community is worthy or not.

OW ICH

Come on while the going gets good !!!

• Wait. Vann made a mistake? What?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m