• Has anyone of you tried to build a strategy based on the build of a NB at Marianas J1?

I was only one time successful yet and ended the game quickly (J4 i think), but wasn’t able since to repeat it.

The Plan behind this is to attack the US J2 at Havaii and Philli. and rush towards Australia,
    Boom done!

I parked most of the IJN at Marianas and a smaller group by FIC wich took over Philli.

Marianas can be easily blocked by US DD’s and in most of my games i was able to stall the US or pulled the Full attention to the Pacific and Euro Axis was able to proceed without being further disturbed till Round 4 and 5.

Thoughts?

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

@aequitas:

Has anyone of you tried to build a strategy based on the build of a NB at Marianas J1?

I was only one time successful yet and ended the game quickly (J4 i think), but wasn’t able since to repeat it.

The Plan behind this is to attack the US J2 at Havaii and Philli. and rush towards Australia,
    Boom done!

I parked most of the IJN at Marianas and a smaller group by FIC wich took over Philli.

Marianas can be easily blocked by US DD’s and in most of my games i was able to stall the US or pulled the Full attention to the Pacific and Euro Axis was able to proceed without being further disturbed till Round 4 and 5.

Thoughts?

I have not tried it. What does this achieve that staging at Caroline does not? It already has a naval base and the USA needs two blockers instead of one?

• There is not a huge or a special difference.
    If there is any difference, it would be that Marianas could be better protected or supplied b/c of the close distance.
    But even that doesn’t qualify Marianas over Carolines.

I personally like the idea of a better use for it and want to implement it in different playstyle.

In the few games i played building a NB on it i kept the US at bay.
    No early stacking at Havaii or Midway.
    And Anzak had a harder time to get into gameplay, since they don’t know if they getting attacked or not.
    This is what i observed.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

building bases for limited reasons isn’t worth it, 15 is too much to protect 1 unit or move 1 square.  The US can’t outbuild you as japan, unless you waste your money or fleets, so worst case scenario buying all units, its a stalemate.

• '17

What if the US Navy backs off Hawaii.

It’s great to get ANZAC in the beginning of the game, however, what are the disadvantages? How much does India or China grow. Obviously other factors come into play in such a dynamic game as G40.

I think liberating ANZAC is much harder for the US to do than the UK, but it’s easier than say India or Moscow.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m