• What the Heck is KGF stratigy? :?  Dont you guys just play for fun sometimes?

• KGF is “Kill Germany First”
    KJF is of course “Kill Japan First”

And yes… we do play for fun.  I am enjoying the heck out of gamin on here… thus I am currently playing my 7th and 8th games here as I type…

• It just seems that people are so serious about this game.  I come for Ideas but I’m not afraid to try something new just to see what will happen.  Even if it turns out that I lose because of it. :mrgreen:

We may be serious but that doesn’t mean someone is a bad sport! :wink:

• 2007 AAR League

i would like to play a game online. i am a rookie on the computer, so i may need some help. but i know a&a very well. love the revised version. how do we roll dice?

• I was wondering about that too.  How do you play on-line.  Do you just trust each other to honestly report rolls?

I don’t mean to sound rude, I have just never developed the kind of in depth strategies that I find here.  I’m new to the forum though.  I also don’t get to play as much as I would like.  I just kind of roll with the punches and adjust my strategies depending on how my opponent plays.  I find that many of the strategies found here break down after the first couple of turns or so anyway.

• '10

To play A&A online you need the cd made by Hasbro(and NOT the Ironblitz version)…the only place you can get it nowadays is on ebay as far as I know.  Go to www.axisandalliesworldclub.com to visit the website or go to www.axisandalliesworldclub.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi to visit the messageboards.  We used to play on the msn gaming zone but now the club has it’s own server callled the WARZONE that you can download in about 5 minutes.  Just doubleclick the WARZONE icon on your desktop and you can play A&A online.

• '10

Almost forgot…you need to go to this site: http://home.centurytel.net/khb/aa/  and download the 4.1 starter pack(patches) to be able to play.

@triforce:

I was wondering about that too.  How do you play on-line.  Do you just trust each other to honestly report rolls?

I don’t mean to sound rude, I have just never developed the kind of in depth strategies that I find here.  I’m new to the forum though.  I also don’t get to play as much as I would like.  I just kind of roll with the punches and adjust my strategies depending on how my opponent plays.  I find that many of the strategies found here break down after the first couple of turns or so anyway.

This is a link to some Tips on Play by Email (PBEM) it is in the ‘Games’ section of this forum.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=5125.0

And it looks like Kurt has some good info if you like to play using the Hasbro CD.

For Email play, the Dice servers email rolls to the players.  Really easy to use.

And most of us do play for fun, but we still want to win too  :-D , so there are certain moves that should be avoided early on or some things that are considered “must attacks” to maximize your opportunities later on.

Which is why we have forums to discuss strat.  :-D

• @triforce:

I was wondering about that too.  How do you play on-line.  Do you just trust each other to honestly report rolls?

In my first games with Trihero we did exactly that… rolled real dice and posted the results.

We have switched to an online dicey though… not for any problem with honest reporting, but that it is just so much FASTER.  With real dice, we had to each be online for each half of a battle sequence… so a single battle could take several sessions to resolve (we were both often online together, so was fairly quick, but without that… a single move could take DAYS.  With a Dicey, you can (in almost all cases) do an entire nation’s move in one sitting.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m