• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Let’s get this moving!  I am excited to play.

Are there any special rules to know?  Like attacking neutrals activates all? or just the territory?  Political restrictions for USA?  (although it looks like 4 turns before they can do anything)

• All neutrals are fair game and no politics.
    Our side will make plans once we know who has which countries.
    Pm me with any questions you may have…

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

So let me get this straight,

The germans start with 13 subs strategically placed across the globe, and in position to essentially destroy every allied navy on the board (accompanied by other german naval elements)  and the allies start with no destroyers?

LOL wow.  The hill is steep!

• '20 '18 '17 '15

There’s enough Allied navy on the board that Germany can gain advantages in some places, but don’t have the odds elsewhere. So attack round one before the Allies buy destroyers! But even without them, some of the odds are still 50/50. Like German has a sneak shot at 2, and if they hit they win, but if not, are often facing 3’s or 4’s for the counterstrike.

• '20 '18 '17 '15

Garg! Here’s a write up I did for the 1914 No Man’s Land scenario:

Turn order 
    Germany ,
    France (E),
    Serbia (E),
    Austria ,
    Italy (E),
    Arabia (E),
    Turkey ,
    Britain (E),
    Russia (E),
    Communists ,
    USA (E)

TECH is with tech tokens. You spend five for a roll, then keep rolling till you hit a tech. There are six each for Industry, Naval, and Land. You pick the category before buying/rolling. Unlike WORLD AT WAR, new units are unlocked by tech and not on a certain round.

Each TECH is not immediately available, but will be purchasable/useable on your NEXT turn. So if you unlock tanks, you still can’t buy them that turn, etc.

Industry results:
    2D6 extra pus per turn
    place 3 more units in territories worth 2 or more
    Reduces Field and Heavy Artillery by 0.5, Fighter and Gas by 1 (this makes artillery cost 2 for 7 or 2 for 9 similar to World At War. They start out at 1 for 4PU and 1 for 5PU.)
    1 free tech token per turn
    3 free Infantry per turn on your capital (at the end of your turn during Deployment Phase)
    Unlocks Late Fighter unit

Naval results:
    Submarines attack at 3 & defend at 2
    Destroyers Defend at 3, Cruisers Defend at 4
    Reduce BB’s and BC’s by 2 pus, Reduce rest by 1 pus
    Battleships and Battlecruisers Attack at 5
    Tranports, Destroyers and Cruisers move at 4
    Unlocks Carrier unit

Land results:
    Field Artillery attacks at 3
    Heavy Artillery defends at 5
    Gas Attacks at 5
    Trenches defend at 1
    Cavalry moves at 3
    Unlocks Tank unit

Bunkers/trenches
    Like WAW, this game has bunkers, but they work differently. They start as trenches: 2 hit points NO DEFENSE VALUE. You can place 3/turn anywhere you can afford that you owned at the start of your turn. A tech can give them a defense value of 1. They may?? Repair at the start of your turn. I personally never saw one survive a combat.

FACTORIES outside of core territory listed below.
    (cost 20, production placement is capped by territory value increased placement via tech)

Germany starts with a factory in New Guinea and East Africa, and some territory in Shanghai (with no factory).

America starts with no factory on the Pacific side of the board, meaning nothing in California or the West coast and nothing in Hawaii or the Philippines.

France has two factories in North Africa and one factory in India.

England has factories in South Africa, Australia, Malaya, three in India, and one in Belgium.

GAS ATTACKS

They move three spaces and attack at a 4 or 5. They die upon use so offer no hits in combat, but they first strike enemy land units so that they do not participate on defense. No effect on bunkers.

COMMUNISTS vs RUSSIA
    The Communist player starts with two territories, one that will be taken before they move (Moscow). The other is their capital, Yakutsk. It has a production value of 20.

In contrast, Russia deals with all Central powers and only has two factories near Yakutsk, Vladivostok and Irkutsk, both worth 3.

Central powers cannot move into Communist territory. They are not allies, but not at war. Basically they have a common enemy.

NEUTRALS

Most neutral territories have a lot of units, making them not worth the effort. (Most Chinese territories have 9-14 inf on defense, for example, with production values worth only 2 or so). This keeps the effort on the war and less about hostile take-overs of all the neutrals for money.

SPECIAL UNITS

Some countries have a special unit or two unique to them for the most part. They aren’t in the rules, so here they are:

GERMANY

Stormtruppen  a 3PU 2/2/1 infantry that can ONLY be placed in Berlin. Regular infantry are 1/2/1. So you get +1 attack value, but restricted placement.

FRANCE & BRITAIN

Colonial  a 3PU 2/2/1 infantry just like the German unit, but can only be placed in Africa.

ARABIA

Arabia ONLY HAS ONE UNIT and three things to buy.

Bedouin  a 2PU 1/2/2 cavalry unit, trenches, factories. Not eligible for TECH.
    Essentially they are a fast moving unit used for extra defense and to hit lowly defended areas.

RUSSIA & COMMUNISTS

Conscripts  a 2PU 0/1/1 infantry. A cheaper infantry/defense unit.

SUPPORT!

Both cavalry and infantry can receive support, and just about everything gives support. The extra attack value for your inf/cav can come from (on a one-to-one pairing) both artillery, zeppelin, fighters (early and late), and tanks. So keep in mind that all non inf/cav land and air units give support in assaults.

AA

No one starts with an AA gun anywhere on the board. Classic rules. 1 shot per anything flying, capturable.

ARTILLERY and BATTLE CALCULATIONS.
    The old eyeball measurements will be off for a while. The Heavy_guns defend at 4, upgradeable to 5! So a stack of artillery can be hard to handle, while a stack of infantry and conscripts can melt like butter.  This can later be offset by tanks that move 2 and attack for 4, but they only defend at a 1.

TRANSPORTS
    They do not participate in combat and will be auto-sunk if attacked alone. Also check the cargo capacities. The small artillery can be loaded with an inf, the heavy gun must go solo. Tanks can be paired with inf.

ZEPPLINS
    They can strat bomb, but only move 5 spaces unlike the strat bombers 6 you’re used to. Also useful for transport harassment and cost 16 PU.

Depending on how many people we get to sign up will determine if anybody doubles up on powers. Arabia is very minor, and Serbia is quite small and most likely not going to last long. If we have 8, I could see one person being Serbia, Italy, and Arabia. Italy and Arabia go back to back, so that makes sense to me.

• '20 '18 '17 '15

One key correction from above, the unique COLONIAL unit for Britain can only be placed in Canada and Australia, not in Africa as stated above. Only France has a colonial unit that can be placed in Africa.

• Thank you for explaining  all that Whackamatt.

I will probably start this morning, as I am not sure if I will have time over the weekend. I hope everyone is okay with that. I don’t want you waiting on me.
    Let’s all have some fun!

• Let’s get it on.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT !!!

• '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

I’ll take Russia!

• '20 '18 '17 '15

Wittmann 4        Germany
    PP 4                  Austria
    AetV 10              US
    Whackamatt 14  Turkey/comm
    dawgoneit 40      Italy/Arabia
    Gargantua 50    UK