• Hello fellow-A&A players !

We are five friends willing to PBF but so far we can’t manage !

Main issues:
    1- we can’t find how to assign powers
    2- the thread gets updated with posts with pictures attached but nothing that looks like the updated game…

We have been spending hours on this, looking for answers on the net, and we are on the hedge of giving up… You are our only hope !

• draw national roundels to see who plays what…assign 5 playing sides
    Italy / Germany
    Japan
    UK / Anzac
    Russia /China
    US / France

• Thank you so much for your answer !

…but on what screen do we do that ? Where ?

Thanks again for your help !

• @Nabolo:

…but on what screen do we do that ? Where ?

After choosing the map in TripleA hit the button “Start PBEM…Game”.
    In the opening window find the button “Select Local Players and AI”.

You will see, that you can only assign “Human” , “AI”, and some other aspects, not relevant in this context here.

So in TripleA you don’t specifically assign players to nations, but you assign which nations are represented by a human player.

Regularly you can go on with the predefined setting.

Once you decided in your group which “human” plays which nation, it is up to the player to execute TripleA when it is his turn.

HTH :-)

• @Nabolo:

2- the thread gets updated with posts with pictures attached but nothing that looks like the updated game…

We have been spending hours on this, looking for answers on the net, and we are on the hedge of giving up… You are our only hope !

I can’t read from your words exactly where your problems are, so the best idea would be to go through this thread:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=27127.0

Please ask back if anything remains unclear

Good luck :-)

• Thanks for your help !

I understand anyone could be cheating/mistakingly using another nation of his own during the game, is that correct ?

That solves the problem of “how it works” though.

But not the other problem: I played a turn with Russia, and my friends who joined the game also started his turn with Russia… what’s going wrong ? Is it because he was already logged in ? That we didnt save properly ? The forum thread got updated by a new post, but in that post there was nothing relevant to download : just a picture or something…

• I have found your game thread and downloaded the savegame from
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=40509.msg1693358#msg1693358

Note that you must be logged in to the forum to be able to see and download the attached files.

I opened that game and found out that you have configured everything correctly.
    Also from the history mode (menu “Game” - “Show history” / exit that mode with “Game” - “Show current game”) I saw that Russia has executed its first turn, and that now Germany is going to act.

As there is no posting of the Russian move on the forum you must have missed to post the Russian turn.

So be sure to always post the move:

• After the non combat move you get the End of Turn Report.
    • Accept it by clicking “OK”
    • On the right side on the panel (see the attached image) find the button “Post Turn Summary”
    • Above that button mark what you want to have included into that post.
    • Hit “Post Turn Summary” then.

Posting the move this way always includes the savegame as attachment to the post.

You can now continue with Germany, loading the above savegame and move on. Just don’t forget to post the turn after Germany’s “End-of-turn-Report”.
    Then the player executing Britain will download the new savegame from the new turn post… and so on.

Cheating is impossible, as you always get the dice results per mail and everything is documented in the game history.
    Also the player who is assigned to a nation would immediately recognize it if someone else (accidentally) made his move.
    In case it occurs you can just redo the move starting from the prior savegame.

Enjoy gaming :-)

TrA_post.PNG

• That answers all my questions P@nther, I believe !!! =)

Thank you so much !!!

• You are welcome!

Don’t hesitate to ask in case you run into further issues.  :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m