Historical Board Gaming Piece Colors

• '17 '16

@Andy6049:

Try calling Mr. Friend.  The number should be on the website.  Just explain what happened. They are usually good about fixing problems like this.

I concur, same thing… I have ordered a lot with them in the past, and have had some issues of wrong or missing items, but he has always corrected any problems… just submit a trouble ticket (you can do that on the site) or call him.

• Wolf, would you say the yellow green is an exact, close or close enough match for the chinese? I want to get them their own art.

• I would say that it is close enough.  HBG doesn’t have anything closer…

• @Bob77:

Wolf, would you say the yellow green is an exact, close or close enough match for the chinese? I want to get them their own art.

An alternate approach, just in case this option is something that would work for you, is to provide China with artillery that’s a unique shape, even if the colour doesn’t quite match, by giving it artillery pieces from A&A WWI 1914.  The British Empire ones are, I think, the closest match for the green of the A&A Chinese pieces.  The antiquated look of the WWI artillery piece is actually rather suitable for China in WWII, since the Chinese didn’t exactly have cutting-edge technology.  And to supply China with a distinctive fighter, use a green American P-40 Warhawk from A&A 1941; it was the plane which the Flying Tigers actually used.  Officially the Flying Tigers were a unit of the Chinese Air Force, but its pilots were American.

• I just might go with the 75-7veld in yellowgreen from HBG since i dont plan on gettig 1914or 41. If the colors arnt close enough for my taste, it still has to be better then the american color A nd it does look different and antiquated. Same with the flying tigers or I’ll look in my other AA games for them. Thanks

• The P-40 Warhawk is perfect for using as the Flying Tigers unit. I used the artillery pieces from a game called Attack! They looked antiquated enough. Love all the ideas that everyone writes for customizing their own games! Keep them coming!

• '17 '15

Hey Bob77, I purchased the same yellowgreen 75-7 Veld artillery for my Chinese forces and I was happy with them. Colour is not 100% on, but there is always the option of painting them to match. The models themselves looked great on the board, rugged mountain guns.

• '17 '16

@Bob77:

Wolf, would you say the yellow green is an exact, close or close enough match for the chinese? I want to get them their own art.

You would ask a question of about the only nationality color I haven’t actually bought… I’ve bought at least one custom unit from every major power (the 5) and two minors (Italy and ANZAC) from HBG, the one exception being China… so I can’t offer my opinion of the color match from HBG on that one.

• Tanks anyway wolf.
    Unfortunately HGB is out of yellow green velds. Im gonna email to see if they plan on making more. If not, lime green will have to work.

• On this note, is “blonde” or “tan” a better color match for OOB UK G40 pieces?

• @hengst said in Historical Board Gaming Piece Colors:

On this note, is “blonde” or “tan” a better color match for OOB UK G40 pieces?

I think tan is a better match. Blonde is too light a color to be a good match.

-Midnight_Reaper

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m