• '17

@larrymarx:

I’m going to call this one the “heavenly kingdom”.

More unorthodox than surprise, but still an interesting idea to consider and I like your name for it  :-D

I will keep it in the back of my head in case I spot a good scenario to test it in.

Maybe this could work if Japan is making a heavier than normal rush of land units in the early game and it’s obvious that China won’t be able to make a good exchange in Yunnan?

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

@wheatbeer:

@larrymarx:

I’m going to call this one the “heavenly kingdom”.

More unorthodox than surprise, but still an interesting idea to consider and I like your name for it  :-D

I will keep it in the back of my head in case I spot a good scenario to test it in.

Maybe this could work if Japan is making a heavier than normal rush of land units in the early game and it’s obvious that China won’t be able to make a good exchange in Yunnan?

This has been discussed before, see: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=36062.0

Back then, people also agreed that it was probably not a great idea as a general strategy. There was an interesting post by Nerquen though:

@nerquen:

I found the strategy of saving Chinesse income working pretty well in my hands, see here for an example: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=35735.135

I don’t strictly save all Chinese income from the very start. Instead I first buy as much as I can to hold Yunnan as long as I can. Once Yunnan cannot be challenged anymore and Japan is strong enough such that it is just question of time it will conquer all China I stop purchasing with China and simply back up into the west corner. Japan is still forced to send a large force to kill my remaining Chinese as he cannot know if I will not buy 10 inf last moment possibly reinforced from Russia. So if Japan sends too little force I place my 10 Chinese in west. On the other hand, if opportunity arise, as it did in the linked game, US sends a TT to Manchuria and China builds 10 inf on top, then anzac lands fighters and Russian forces from Amur join the party to form a mighty allied stack in the back of Japan. The stack does not have much offensive power but can’t be eliminated cheaply.

• '17

Thanks Herr KaLuen, I never saw your original thread  :-)

I don’t think I’d ever save China’s round 1 income (unless Japan did something truly weird) … but I absolutely agree with nerquen’s logic in the quote you posted.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I have used the Chinese save income trick before - but onlylate game, once china is in good control of its borders.

By saving the Chinese income you essentially end up with a “rapid response” force, and it’s a big stick to wave around; as placed units can be attacked or avoided, and are slow to respond, but a saved income can be anywhere on your next turn.

• TripleA

The only spot I defend is Berlin if I am doing an all in on Russia. Usually this is a g6 or bust type of thing.

If I am going income, well I am not all ining Russia now am I?

• For a G6 all in on Moscow, how much do you divert your resources to fight the British, such as on the first turn, in the Mediterranean to counter Taranto, or pushing them back if they land two dudes in France, for example? I imagine there is a balance to achieve since if you ignore them completely you end up losing territories worth IPC’s that you could have spent on Moscow, but if you fight them too much you lose units you could have had in Moscow.

• @larrymarx:

For a G6 all in on Moscow, how much do you divert your resources to fight the British, such as on the first turn, in the Mediterranean to counter Taranto, or pushing them back if they land two dudes in France, for example? I imagine there is a balance to achieve since if you ignore them completely you end up losing territories worth IPC’s that you could have spent on Moscow, but if you fight them too much you lose units you could have had in Moscow.

I think you do not understand cow. He is a G6 destruction of Moscow player and if that does happen he resets the board and starts over type of dude. No need to understand what else he is doing on the board. IF he does not take out Moscow at the end of Turn 6 he is done and moves on to the next game.

:lol: :-D :?

• I have no doubt of that. I just wanted to know how necessary it is to cover your flanks, if at all, when you’re doing that and I figure he’s the one to ask.

He said the only place he defends is Berlin, and I wasn’t sure if that meant he also doesn’t attack anything else (like British fleets). I figure you’ve got to push them at least a little bit but if he says you don’t then I’ll take another look at it.

• '17

Italy can build infantry and some artillery to help garrison places in western Europe.

• @simon33:

@Caesar:

How about that famous situation where France actually fights and doesn’t get conquered?

That isn’t really a move though. Nothing the allies do can bring it about, unless the axis are trying Italy strong when they shouldn’t.

Allies can do something about that and try to get there stuff on Paris as fast as possible.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m