• Not sure if this is the right place for this topic but I know it was in here that inkscape was recommended to me. As a program I love what I can do to images and have made great progress on a map, several times actually doing the same thing due to technical issues. But once I am done for the day I want to be able to save my file AND reopen it. Every way I try to save this file I cannot open it. The file exists but when I try to open it I am told it cannot be done. Does anyone in here have experience with inkscape that can help explain this to me?

• What OS are you using?
    Which version of inkscape?
    What exactly are you using inkscape for? Create vector graphics?
    What are you doing “on a map”? What format is the “map-file”?
    What are you doing when saving? Do you save it as *.svg-file?
    What are you saving?
    How are you opening the file?
    What exact error message do you get?

Additionally, we can try as follows: Open a new file, draw a circle, save it, zip it, attach it to your posting…
    Then I can try to open it.

• Thanks for your help panther. I am actually about to go out of town through sunday night so I will get all that info to you then. Thanks again for the help

• No hurry, I hope we can sort it out then.  :-)

• What OS are you using? Windows. I believe its fully up to date.
    Which version of inkscape? Does 0.92 sound like it may be the correct edition?
    What exactly are you using inkscape for? Create vector graphics? Drawing on Imperious Leaders Map to design my own variation.
    What are you doing “on a map”? What format is the “map-file”? I am drawing over the map to create my own.  svg file
    What are you doing when saving? Do you save it as *.svg-file? I such save it as is and yes it is an svg file.
    What are you saving? The map plus drawings on it.
    How are you opening the file? Clicking open, then double clicking the file.
    What exact error message do you get? Oddly enough the file just opened after trying it… of course after 50 times of trying it won’t work until I ask for help. I will see if this remains successful or if the message comes back

• @bgugs:

What exact error message do you get? Oddly enough the file just opened after trying it… of course after 50 times of trying it won’t work until I ask for help. I will see if this remains successful or if the message comes back

I experience Inkscape to take a very long time to start most of the time.

So on my PC it is always a good idea to first start the program - and to load the file after Inkscape has successfully started.

Good luck!  :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m