• '17 '16

Well… I got this game because i’m a big fan of the 1986 cult classic film of the same name. River Horse put this out, but sadly, it seems like a 30th anniversary cash grab more than a fun game.

My take is that Jim Henson’s Labyrinth is either a dumbed-down version of Talisman, or a super-complex Candy Land… the gameplay is usually “do I go left or right, and neither direction really makes a difference”. Such great potential for a great IP, wasted on a poor game design… the game box has a see-through window showing the five miniatures that come with the game (usually a warning sign that the minis are the best part of the game)… also the game has a lot of cardboard cutouts… I’m not sure if the cardboard cutout Goblins was to save money for an unknown buying audience, of if it was always planned to milk the game for Goblin miniatures? I dunno. In either case, I’m personally going to use the Labyrinth minis that game with the game for Ravensburger’s Labyrinth… at least that’s a fun game, so not a total loss.

My final judgement… the game isn’t fun… but the minis are great… they come as a base-grey, unpainted collection… but you can paint them if you want… I had mine painted, and they are worth it for collectors value or (as I stated earlier) to use them with Ravensburger’s Labyrinth.

So below is a picture of my painted miniatures from Labyrinth (if you get the game, they’re not painted, they’re monotone grey)… I probably should have taken a “before” picture but I forgot… oh, and the crystal doesn’t come with the game, but every fan of Bowie’s Labyrinth has a crystal, right?
    MyLabyrinthMinis1sm.jpg
    MyLabyrinthMinis2sm.jpg

• '17 '16

While I totally forgot to take a picture of the Labyrinth miniatures unpainted, I found a stock photo… if you buy the game, this is what comes out of the box, so it’s a comparison of before (below) and after (above in previous post) of the difference paint makes!

LabyrinthMinisUnpainted.jpg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m