…meanwhile over at vance's house...

• Sponsor

I see that she’s got a firm hold on the money Islands… very experienced Japan player.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

seems to like the pacific

pacific.png

• Customizer

• What have you seen old man??

CATZILLA, CAATZILLAAAA :-o

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Variance,

You should tell the whole community about the SPY who was sent to your house to unravel our strategis for the TG6CON tournament.

EXPOSE the truth!

(No joke - for real)

• '17 '16

@aequitas:

What have you seen old man??

CATZILLA, CAATZILLAAAA :-o

And Catzookie…

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@Gargantua:

Variance,

You should tell the whole community about the SPY who was sent to your house to unravel our strategis for the TG6CON tournament.

EXPOSE the truth!

(No joke - for real)

Well, he might be a spy…  might not be… but might be… although I tend to be paranoid… but I am often right… so…

Here is the chronology of events:

1. On August 17, YG posted a youtube video called “Tournament Essentials - FAQ & other stuff” and he mentioned my name and my partner Gargantua.
    2. On August 19, someone created a new account at axisandallies.org, then within an hour he found me and PMd he asking if we might get together for a game and maybe start a local group. A few PMs back and forth and we agreed to a game.
    3. On Sept 2 we met at my house and played a couple rounds of Global. He seemed very interested in our tournament strategy, especially that of my partner, who is a much more senior player than I am (Would Gargantua play Germany or Japan, do we like to do India crush, do we like cobra kai, etc.).  He seemed fuzzy on some the rules, and explained that he and his son used to play Global and are thinking of getting back into it so he was watching the videos online about the game and heard my name then contacted me.
    4. no contact since
    5. Today (Sept 6), I checked his stats on the site and at the time of writing he has 0 posts, and was last active on Sept 2 at 7:10pm official axis and allies time (which is late at night my time). He listed his home as being several hour from where I live, so one might speculate that he drove home and logged on once to report back the intelligence to his superiors.
  • '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Now just in case he was indeed a spy and got his hands on our secret master plan, it is only fair to all the other teams so they can have it too.  So here it is recounted from when I first posted it way back on March 22, 2013:

“If you do a G1 with tank/mech builds you can hold Belarus on G3.  Now suppose Japan were to build 2 bombers J1, then an airbase in Chahar J2.  They could SBR Moscow and land in Belarus as early as round 3.  Do it again round 4.  Moscow falls G6.”

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=30479.15

Not exactly a new strategy, but it is fun.

Enjoy.  :-)

• @variance:

He seemed fuzzy on some the rules

Whereas the cat is just fuzzy in the plain old sense.  :)

• '18 '17 '16

I think you’re just being paranoid but who knows. It could be the guy signed up cuz he was looking for someone to play.
    It doesn’t really matter anyway, even if your opponent knew what strategy you were using they would still have to stop you. The quality of players there will be such that they will probably recognize what you are doing as soon as you start doing it. I’m assuming that my opponents have seen my strategy videos and are smart enough to know that, like everyone else, I don’t play the same strategy every time. Making the effort to go to your house to spy on you would be a huge waste of time.

Maybe he was just using you to get to your cat. He does look like a nice kitty.

• Also, keep in mind that if this guy was sent on an espionnage mission, his superiors ought to have picked a better agent than someone who’s fuzzy on the rules (assuming he was genuinely fuzzy on them, rather than just pretending to be fuzzy), since this puts him in a poor position to understand what he was trying to find out from you.  As can be seen in the James Bond films, the best practice in the espionnage business is to put “the best man we have” on a tough case.  If this guy was indeed “the best man” that could be turned loose by his superiors to infiltrate your operation, it sounds as if you weren’t exactly dealing with MI5; it actually sounds more as if you were dealing with the Elbonians in Dilbert, who can never understand why their schemes keep failing.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

The only man is always the best man you’ve got lol.

“I think you’re just being paranoid”  - Says the most likely spymaster! ;)  Coordinating agents from coast to coast across canada in a united conspiracy to defeat our team! Outrageous! How dare!

Variance’s home has been infiltrated and defiled!  His cat has been pet!  There will be BLOOD and DICE for this!

• '18 '17 '16

Yup, you caught me. I have an unlimited supply of funds and I’ve sent spies to the household of every competitor in the tournament. I have no confidence in my skills or the skills of my partner and the millions of dollars in prize money is too good to leave to chance.

You would be advised to sweep your place for bugs, Garg. I knew it would be too risky to send a human to your house with their fuzzy questions to spy on you. You would no doubt torture them into revealing my sinister master plan to invade the heart of Leaf Nation and return home with the spoils of war.

• Sponsor

WOOHO! I see that my espionage mechanic was successfully deployed, all this tournament propaganda didn’t cost me a cent and all I had to do was mention Gargantua and Vance as teammates in one of my vids.

• Customizer

I recently obtained a 2nd hand Playmobil Roman Arena. Unfortunately the lions were missing…

catarena.jpg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m