• '17

Awesome, thanks!  Apparently your previous customers think a lot of them…

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@11H5M:

Awesome, thanks!  Apparently your previous customers think a lot of them…

We will be restocking, neutrals, Germany, Russia, and Japanese as well as our 1936 base set.

• When will the1936 base set be available I’ve pre-ordered seven months ago

They are suppose to ship to Tulsa next week, give us some time to QC and we will ship with 4 weeks.
    it took way too long

• Ok thanks was just wondering looking forward to these on my board

• Is there a link to the base set? I couldn’t find it on the website.

• I don’t know the rules about placing links, but I can tell you where to find them.  Go the HBG website.  Then the following: Home > HBG Battle Pieces > Battle Pieces By Country > See All Battle Pieces.  On this page you will find it.

• When u have 10+ posts u can post links. Almost there. In the mean time you could paste the link here the same way you can copy paste words. ie. “etail dedicated to any thread, so no one can complain that I’m “suppressing” dissenting” (from different thread)
    Then someone can copy and paste in search bar

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/Battle-Pieces–Global-War-1936-Base-Set_p_2499.html

:-D@wimo08:

I don’t know the rules about placing links, but I can tell you where to find them.  Go the HBG website.  Then the following: Home > HBG Battle Pieces > Battle Pieces By Country > See All Battle Pieces.  On this page you will find it.

• Does anybody know the actual size of units in Axis and Allies? I heard it was 1/72 but I am not sure.

• It depends on the unit. I know infantry is 1/72, but I am not sure what the other units are

• http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=34109.0
    knp7765
    A&A.org Battleship
    Here are some rough scales for A&A units:

Infantry = 1/72 or maybe just a little smaller.

Tanks and vehicles = 1/285

Aircraft = Fighters are bigger than 1/700, I think they are about 1/600 scale. Tactical Bombers are about the same. Strategic Bombers are a smaller scale, but I’m not sure what it is.

Ships = Varies from capital ships to the smaller vessels. Battleships and Carriers are smaller than 1/2400. It’s closer to 1/3000 or maybe even 1/3500. I’m not sure about the smaller vessels but they are bigger in scale. If Destroyers and Submarines were at the same scale as the Battleships, we would barely be able to see them, much less play with them on the board.

• A&A aircraft are larger than 1/600.  I measured several and they ranged from 1/525 or so to 1/570/  I think the average was around 1/540-1/550.  I found this out when buying decals; some 1/300 roundels were too big and some 1/600 roundels were too small.

HBG aircraft are comparatively scaled, so I would assume that the exact scales would be within the same range as A&A aircraft.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@CWO:

Aircraft = Fighters are bigger than 1/700, I think they are about 1/600 scale. Tactical Bombers are about the same. Strategic Bombers are a smaller scale, but I’m not sure what it is.

Early HBG units are even more scattered. When they first started making sculpts (US/Allied set, first Russian set), they didn’t have many standards in place and the vehicles especially are of varying scale, even within their own categories. For example, if you take a look at the US/Allied set P-40 and P-51s, they are ridiculously tiny compared to present HBG fighter units. Even the early HBG Sherman (w/flame thrower) is more compact than your typical A&A/later HBG tank pieces. Not sure how it stacks up side-by-side to their later Sherman.

• And another source of scale inconsistency is that over the years, in different versions of A&A, some of the same units have been issued in different scales.  The UK battleship, for example, expanded in size to its current dimensions, without otherwise changing in type or status.  A different case are German 88mm FLAK and Stuka sculpts.  They originally served in the game as field artillery and as fighter units, and were correctly sized relative to the other sculpts of the same unit types, but in real-world terms that’s not what those weapons really were.  Later, they showed as larger, more detailed, and correctly-purposed AAA and tactical bomber units.

• @Caesar:

Does anybody know the actual size of units in Axis and Allies? I heard it was 1/72 but I am not sure.

There isn’t a consistent scale with A&A OOB units… aside from infantry roughly being 1/72, any other units would be approximations, not an actual scale size, because in OOB units, unit class trumps unit scale, flat-out.

For example, OOB tanks are all roughly the same size on your game board, including examples like Panthers, Shermans and Type 95 Ha-Gos…  three wildly different sizes of tanks in real life, yet all roughly the same size in-game… because they’re all tanks, they are all roughly the same size in-game. This applies to pretty much everything else in the game too… Battleships of vastly different sizes in real life are basically all the same length in A&A OOB units (such as comparing the Soviet and US battleships being the same size when in reality the size difference is massive). Fighters and Tac Bombers much the same, as the P-38 fighter would be larger than a lot of the tactical bombers in real life, but is in fact smaller in-game because CLASS TRUMPS SCALE in A&A OOB units.

HBG units are scaled more correctly than OOB, but still suffer somewhat (though less) from this scaling problem of class over scale.

• Will the British and American full sets also be restocked this month? I think all the individual pieces I want are in stock, but the cheaper combined sets are not.

Also, will the A&A 1941 German Tiger 1, Japanese Transport, and American P40 be restocked?

@calvinhobbesliker:

Will the British and American full sets also be restocked this month? I think all the individual pieces I want are in stock, but the cheaper combined sets are not.

Also, will the A&A 1941 German Tiger 1, Japanese Transport, and American P40 be restocked?

Full Sets will no longer be restocked
    We restock others on a regular basis.

• @HBG:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Will the British and American full sets also be restocked this month? I think all the individual pieces I want are in stock, but the cheaper combined sets are not.

Full Sets will no longer be restocked
    We restock others on a regular basis.

Just to clarify… Will you be restocking the Battle Piece sets?  For example:  Japanese Supp (Pumpkin color), German Supplemental, US Supplemental.

Also, do you think you will restock the Japanese Exp Set in pumpkin anytime in the near future?

thanks

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m