• USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

I love the Winter Olympics, mostly for the hockey. My picks for hockey this tournament:

1. Czech Republic
    2. Russia
    3. Canada (eat that CC!)
    4. USA
    5. Sweden (had them way up but a lot of important guys have dropped out)
    6. Slovakia
    7. Finland

Go hockey!

• well,
    it’s really hard to say.  I’m not sure why, exactly, you have the Russians on top of us.  I can see the Czech’s ok, but the Russians . . . ? 
    Anyway, it’s hard to be that irritated as you did have us above the US.  (curiously, is this men’s or women’s, 'cuz i’d rank the Canuck women slightly below the US at this point, but i’d keep the men above).

Anyway, we’re certain to reassert ourselves at the exhausting sport of . . .
    curling!

• I have a big problem with Team Canada’s selection of players. Draper, Maltby, Doan, Bertuzzi, and a few others have no business being on that team. Their defense is weaker than it should be.

Russia’s forward base is absolutely dynamite. Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, and Datsyuk on a line together? Damn! Backed up by both Kozlovs, Yashin, Kovalev, Afinogenov, Samsonov and Malkin. That is a super-skilled forward lineup.

Gonchar, Markov, Tyutin, Volchenkov, Zubov, and whomever else make up a solid blueline. Bryz in goal will be capable.

Czechs are an easy prediction for me. They have so many players coming from the Rangers that chemistry won’t be a problem. Plus Jagr and Elias are two of the best wingers in the NHL right now.

And I like predicting Canada not making it to the gold medal game :)

• Only 3 reasons to watch the winter olympics…

Luge, Bobsled and Slalom :-)

• Bring on the Curling!

I wish I could find my copy of Men With Brooms

• '19 Moderator

I actual watched NOR vs US currling today at lunch

• it’s fun watching the Canadian women’s hockey team romp their way to the gold medal round . . .

Canada 16, Italy 0
    Canada 12, Russia 0

• Seriously, the Canadian team reminds me of the US softball team in Athens.

• I am at this moment watching women’s curling…and I’m worried that I’m easily picking up the strategies.

• Watching Men’s Hockey… this may be the best time of my life!

USA vs Latvia is one hell of a game. My men Gomez and Gionta are kicking ass.

• oh dear . . . we are being scored against finally . . .

Mens - Canada 7, Italy 2 (this is VERY embarrassing)
    Womens - Canada 8, Sweden 1 (this was supposed to be a close game)

• You want to talk embarassing? USA vs Latvia.

@Yanny:

You want to talk embarassing? USA vs Latvia.

Yeah, that was not good.  Better than a loss, but still we can’t have a tie with Latvia.

• @DarthMaximus:

@Yanny:

You want to talk embarassing? USA vs Latvia.

Yeah, that was not good.  Better than a loss, but still we can’t have a tie with Latvia.

well,
    i can deal with two goals against by Italy given that 9 of them are Canadian . . . .

I just read this story on the Snowboarding Cross event,

That this US girl fell trying to do a trick as she was about to win and ended up with the Silver instead of Gold.

Why, would you do that?  It’s the Olympics for goodness sake.

The article said, she said she wasn’t show boating, that she always tends to grab the board when she jumps for stablity, but it seemed like others were not so sure about that.

I get it that snow boarders probably have a bit of natural showboating in them just due to the nature of the sport, but when you are first by a mile and about to win gold why do anything remotely risky.

I’ll have to see what it looks like tonight on TV.

• @DarthMaximus:

That this US girl fell trying to do a trick as she was about to win and ended up with the Silver instead of Gold.
    Why, would you do that?  It’s the Olympics for goodness sake.

Has anybody asked Leon Lett for his opinion?

• Hey CC, how does it feel to lose to the Swiss?  :evil: :evil:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m