Handling of House Rules
In the past the handling of House Rules-related threads has sometimes led to discussions among the members, as there is often some kind of rivalry about a subject belonging to either the dedicated game forums or the “House Rules”-forum.
We have discussed the procedure with the aim of providing some transparent rules of how these threads are to be handled.
- The dedicated game forums are reserved for discussing the original game with its original out-of-box (OOB) rules plus official FAQ.
- The House Rules-forum is reserved for every idea that is not in complete accordance with the OOB-rules and FAQ.
- But sometimes we have threads that correctly start as a discussion in the dedicated game forum but at any point change into a house rule discussion.
- Threads that start with a (OOB compliant) game-specific subject but turn into a House Rule discussion would be marked with the prefix [House Rules] by a moderator but stay in the forum the original poster has intended
- Threads that start with House Rules but are opened in a game-specific forum will be moved to House Rules
However we understand the desire for better identifying which original game is behind which house rules. For this we ask everybody creating a thread in the House Rules subforum to assign a prefix to the title of his thread representing the original game the idea derived from:
[1942 2nd Ed.]
We probably cannot cover every situation - but this should be a reliable framework for admins, moderators and members.
And tags of the same name. If the tags work out, maybe we can drop the title of the topic practice.
If you're having problems, please send an email to email@example.com