• If you want a set of different colored units to use for Italy get aap the Japanese units in it are red which, unless they’ve changed the color of the units since I bought the original, is different from all the others.

• On 2002-03-29 20:04, TG Moses VI wrote:
    As for the deal on the Middle East, I would still stick to an IPC value of at least 2. Even after WWI, it was known that the Middle East had a wealth of oil (not as much as Eastern Europe at the time) and one of Britians prime territorial acquisitions after the great war was the oil rich Middle East. Heck even isolationists America worked hard to gain oil concessions from the Middle East in the 20’s. Another fact not to be overlooked is the the Syria does have a strategic value of being part of the Suez Canal: the vital rout between Africa and Asia and the lifeline of India.

true, but a strategic area does not have man hour capability…but it would be nice to see what germany decides to do. Go for 5 by diverting forces in persia’s direction, or take Africa, or try to take both. I think this would add a lot more strategy to the game (as well as having corisca and the dodecanese Islands :smile: )

• man hour capability? Uh what’s that? I’m all in favor of making Syria worth 5 ipcs as it would add a new dimension to the game. Only problem is, is this historically accurate?

• Horten is referring to the IPC’s little markings, which refer to each 1 IPC being equal to 1 million man-hours of industrial production. Basically he’s saying (and I agree) that just 'cuz an area is “strategic”, doesn’t necessarily mean it should have a higher IPC value.

Ozone27

• I think stragetic value and resource still play a large vital role in determing a countries IPC value. If this was true then how could Manchuria have a equal IPC value to Canada?

• you have never been to canada have you?

i don’t think stratigcal value has any thing to do with Production value. just look at midway it has no IPC value but it has emence stratigic value becase it puts you in bombing range of the US

I will not kill myself for that Bohemion Cpl.

• Field Marshal Friedrich Paulus (speeking of Hitler the day before his serender of the 6th army at Stallingrad)

[ This Message was edited by: mini_phreek on 2002-03-31 06:59 ]

• yes, that is true. If i remember correctly, the caroline and wake islands are the same.

• And what about resource value?

Also the reason why Miday has no strategic value is because Hawaii offers almost all the same abilities as Midway.

• the game is supposed to be balanced. if the game had to have some historically inaccurate changes, then so be it.

the axis lost you know…

• Who knows, the Axis could’ve won. And at least this time You’re replace that mind boggling idiot Hitler. Of course in order to make the game historically accurate you would have to make at least 10 time the amount of terriotries in the game with 100s of gamepaly addtions and changes.

I guess the game would suck if it was 100% accurate (turns would take days to execute) but I just don’t want to deconstruct the historical issues of the game any more then it already is.

• If I was invited over to play A&A and you made me play as Italy with your new rules; i’d feel insulted and just turn on the tube.

• who’s? mine? 18 ipcs would work well!

• I suggest that you pick up AAP, as it is more fun than AAE imo. But is Germany black in AAE, I don’t remember.

• Germany is dark blue. USA is tan, UK is green and Russia is red.

• I would definitely insist on purchasing AAP over AAE. Based on what I read and heard, AAP is much more entertaining, battle friendly, lively, and frankly, the European theater is a little too overplayed in life.

• it took monthes of serching, dealing and coraspondince, but i finaly got costom made italian markers for my game. 1/3 of the German Units have been marked Italian and i’m ready to play once i’ve finished the current e-mail game with TGM, Yanny and the rest. I can’t wait!!

• Any word on having a 6 player A&A game? I wouldn’t mind being Italy and try to win glory in Africa while the German is getting pounded with the brunt of the battle up in the North and the East. Plus I might even be able to make the Italians live up to their Roman namesake!

• Too bad I can’t try out your Italy in the computer game version….unless youcould make a mod for the game that would alter the game and add in Italy. Now that would be great!

• hey mini_phreek could you give me an email and let me know how your italy thing works out, if its really good let me know all the changes and rules the peices and everything so i can update my a&a

my email: BUMBA20@aol.com

• :D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m