The Return of Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition

• '18 '17 '16

Unlike Floridians, at least Canadians can count. 1-100, 1-1,000,000,000. We can count as high as you want. We hang our chads on purpose too.

• @Wolfshanze:

Big E it was your unboxing video I saw and noticed the oddity of WotC packing. I refuse to watch GeneralHandGrendade’s unboxing video, well, because… you know… Canadians…

LOL! Come on now, we can’t hold that against him, can we? Then again…

General’s a great guy, even if he is from up nort dare hey…

Thanks for watching the vid, hoped it helped.

• Cheapest place I found in Vancouver (Lower Mainland) is the hobby store in Brentwood Mall. $107 + tax which comes a few cents shy of $120. I haven’t opened the game yet but today I will after seen more than a few people had problems with creases on rulebooks and container boxes.

• '17 '16

@The:

Thanks for watching the vid, hoped it helped.

It helped confirm what I already knew… I have to have this… like you, I missed AA50 the first time around… but damn WotC for publishing this right before the holidays… I just hope its still in stock after Xmas when I have money again.

• Thank you Big E as i was able to place a call to setup the replacements.cool video too got a good luck at everything since i cant open till the holidays. i noticed ill be able to use my original foam trays from the 80’s edition i have painted and ready after i slit the 2 middle dividers in each tray. your video had good close ups of all the items i wanted to confirm.thanks

• '17 '16

@tytyboogie:

i noticed ill be able to use my original foam trays from the 80’s edition

For Anniversary?

How on earth would you fit the over 600+ units from AA50 into the 5 foam trays for the 300 units in the 1980’s Classic edition… it barely fit them? What about Italy?

It would be nice if that could be done, but I just don’t see how that would work.

• Per an email I received a little while ago:

**Hello The Big “E”(I change the name for this post…lol…they didn’t actually refer to me as the Big “E”),

Thanks for that follow up. I have submitted an order to be fulfilled by our Product Replacement Team. You should receive your replacement pieces in the next couple of weeks, possibly even sooner!

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reply back to this email, or reach us at the contact information linked below. We’ll be happy to help you out however we can.**

So WotC customer support is indeed up to snuff and helpful and accommodating. That’s very reassuring. Not all gaming companies out there are as good!

• '17 '16

Did someone look at how different is the rulebook from original AA50 rulebook?

• @Wolfshanze:

@tytyboogie:

i noticed ill be able to use my original foam trays from the 80’s edition

For Anniversary?

How on earth would you fit the over 600+ units from AA50 into the 5 foam trays for the 300 units in the 1980’s Classic edition… it barely fit them? What about Italy?

It would be nice if that could be done, but I just don’t see how that would work.

well it actually fits very nice for several editions theres room for all the peices even in global 1940 editions(i have two trays each with the lids and bottoms dedicated to germany and japan though thats the kicker cuase i have extra custom peices for them anyway ) i have ordered several foam trays off ebay through the years and painted them and i have used them for every edition i own and they fit snug inside the storage boxes from all editions and i even use them in the 1914 trays (the long dice storage one)so each country has its own using 8 of the full size dice storage boxes and the lid that came with 1914.so  i bought 7 empty long 1914 storage boxes from HBG so each nation has there own covered box with foam tray and 1914 lid. so im excited to be using them in this editon as well. makes it look organized and nice to look at imo.

• @Baron:

Did someone look at how different is the rulebook from original AA50 rulebook?

It’s laid out pretty much the same. There’s just a few sections where the faq/errata has been added. You could only tell by comparing the old and new rulebook together.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Ugh, I was supposed to get a copy so I could do an unboxing preview. The release date has come and gone and I still don’t have the “preview” copy.  :|

• @djensen:

Ugh, I was supposed to get a copy so I could do an unboxing preview. The release date has come and gone and I still don’t have the “preview” copy.  :|

Don’t feel badly about it.  In fact, think of it in positive terms: the online A&A community which you’ve created here through your years of effort has become so large and so dynamic and so dedicated that it picked up on your behalf the ball which WotC dropped when it failed to deliver your review copy on time.  And in any case, we’re still looking forward to your unpacking article; it’ll be a post-view rather than a preview, but it will be much appreciated nonetheless.

• '18 '17 '16

There is a new YouTuber who made a comparison video between the old and new versions. He compares the boxes, pieces, and rulebook. Check it out;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCyZ_uAcsz8

• Just got my copy today!!. Took my nap at 9am and it was on the coffee table when i woke at noon. Would have been here sooner, but ups left it sitting in texas ALL weekend. Cant wait til i get home from work to check it out. I feel like a kid at christmas, waiting out the last 12 hours

• @Bob77:

Just got my copy today!!. Took my nap at 9am and it was on the coffee table when i woke at noon. […] I feel like a kid at christmas, waiting out the last 12 hours

And the part about waking up to find the box on the coffee table definitely has Santa Claus overtones to it.  It would have been even more perfect if the box had been left next to the fireplace (assuming you have one).  Enjoy your new arrival – unpacking an A&A game is always fun, no matter how many times one has done it over the years and no matter how many copies one owns.

• LOL, I just got my copy today, and one of the 6 fighters in the Italian pack was actually Russian!

• '17 '16

Is it a Yak in russian color?
    Or do you meant a Yak paint in Italian color?

• @Baron:

Is it a Yak in russian color?
    Or do you meant a Yak paint in Italian color?

It’s a Yak in Russian color, identical to the 12 fighters in the Russian bag.

• '17 '16

Being colorblind, I can easily understand why these Italians and Russians can be mixed up.

• Hi guys, are there any new sculpts? There are supposed to be 4 new sculpts? What are the rule changes that were made? When I test-played War Room with Larry Harris the last time at Hampshire College Larry said that he had them switch a few rules that were broken. He didn’t say which rules he wanted changed? My game came on Monday and it looks great! I sold my 50th anniversary game a while ago. Just wondering my fellow game enthusiasts? Thanks!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m