Correta Scott King memorial becomes…

• The Correta “Paul Wellstone” King memorial.
    LJ Note : I find it interesting that the internet has both “Correta” and “Coretta” listings in the most accessed sites.

I heard Rev. Lowery say, "They found no WMD’s, but we have Weapons of Mass Deception here."  He also said something about Billions for the war in Iraq and nothing for the poor.Â

He has no idea how little is spent on defense as compared to welfare, education, social security, health, etc. …

I heard former President, former Reagan basher, former Bush41 basher,  former Clinton basher,
    former “newkewlar”(That’s the way JEC pronounces it.) capable dictator maker, current dictator supporter,
    current rigged election validator and
    current homebuilder James Earl “I never did learn how to be Commander-in-Chief” Carter bash Bush43 again.
    …Gee, it’s been less than a week since last I heard him gripe about Bush43.

He had the nerve recently to mention Bush’s “illegal” wiretapping(misnomer), yet forgot to mention that he okayed wiretaps to help recover the Iran hostages 26 years ago.  And that Clinton had massive wiretapping done in project Eschalon.

Bush looks better and better.
    He had nice things to say…
    then sat there and calmly listened to their schtick!

Who looks like a bunch of whiney-butt a**-biters?
    And who looks more like a President?

Who showed more respect for the dead?

Oh, and who made sure only the rich and influencial sat in the church for the service?

• the Tony Snow Radio Show(2-8-06)…
    Tony Snow…
    “Correta Scott King has been known for years as a professional widow.”
    “When was that last time you heard Coretta Scott King speak out on anything?”
    "Do you know what it takes to close a health spa in Mexico?" 
    “Correta Scott King was at this health spa/holistic medicine center and how many people went to see her?”

So everyone agrees.

That’s a first.
    LJ the Victorius!

• Yea and i love how totally stupid they all sound when they all took turns turning a simple funeral into a lib fest, with kooks like the great peanut brain himself…Jimmy carter saying how during her days MLK was being “illegally” wiretapped by the federal government and drawing the comparison to Bush, while all the jackels were standing cheering and that poor sod Ted Kennedy also cheering wildly, knowing that back in the early 60’s the then attorney general…Robert Kennedy was the dummy who told President Kennedy to do the wiretap on MLK…nothing but a bunch of jackels… while Bush was smiling as they were assaulting him with this travesty…that shows what a class act our leader really is… you would not catch that POS Jesse Jackson standing around listening for hours at some funeral for Ronald Reagan…

• Is this just an opportunity to blast Jimmy Carter?  Because it seems in bad taste to do it here.

• @El:

I heard Rev. Lowery say, “They found no WMD’s, but we have Weapons of Mass Deception here.”  He also said something about Billions for the war in Iraq and nothing for the poor.

He has no idea how little is spent on defense as compared to welfare, education, social security, health, etc. …

I don’t think you have any idea of how money is spent.  Defense is more than 50% of the budget, and has been for a while.  In fact, it’s more than the combined expenditure of of the next dozen countries or so.  Many people argue that we DON’T spend enough on education and health care, and that social security is a waste.

Bush looks better and better.
    He had nice things to say…
    then sat there and calmly listened to their schtick!

Who looks like a bunch of whiney-butt a**-biters?
    And who looks more like a President?

Who showed more respect for the dead?

Oh, and who made sure only the rich and influencial sat in the church for the service?

I see no better tribute than honoring the deceased’s beliefs.  Did the speeches match up with that?  I don’t know…didn’t see/hear/read them.
    I have to agree with CC, though, it’s politicized on both sides.

• Is this just an opportunity to blast Jimmy Carter?  Because it seems in bad taste to do it here.

I was blasting Ted Kennedy actually, but i can roost a few peanuts just the same. Carter has not business saying stupid political things at a funeral either.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m