Does a carrier autokill a transport?

• Having a debate with another player, he has moved an empty carrier into a SZ where I have a transport to claim an autokill. However, because a carrier has no attack value, combat cannot occur, right? Therefore the empty carrier alone cannot kill my transport?

• 2018 2017 '16

You are correct. A carrier can’t hit any unit on attack, only on defence.

• 2018 2017

Keep in mind that this is dependent on whether the carrier has an attack power or not, which in different versions of AxA it may (42.2 = 14/1/2/2, one hit point).  The carrier attacks at zero in Global (only?).

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I posted this question a few years ago under the title “Ramming speed”.  But alas… my proposal was rejected!

• 2018 2017 '16

@taamvan:

Keep in mind that this is dependent on whether the carrier has an attack power or not, which in different versions of AxA it may (42.2 = 14/1/2/2, one hit point).   The carrier attacks at zero in Global (only?).

The question was posed in the Global 1940 forum so I assume that’s what he was playing.

• 2018 2017

Roger, just wanted to remind that G40 ruleset is the exception here, to all other versions IIRC.

• @Gargantua:

I posted this question a few years ago under the title “Ramming speed”.   But alas… my proposal was rejected!

Lol sure, but that also sinks the carrier, so you can trade 1 carrier for 1 transport 🙂

But the defenseless transports rule isnt really a seperate rule just an optimization. You can remove the rule and nothing changes at all ( you get to roll more dice )
    Just keep in mind why the rule is there and you can easy answer every question about the rule.

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys

Users

Topics

1.4m