Welcome! If you're a returning member of the forums, please reset your password. If you don't receive an email within minutes, it means your account is listed under another, likely older, email address. Contact webmaster@axisandallies.org for help.

Does a carrier autokill a transport?

• Having a debate with another player, he has moved an empty carrier into a SZ where I have a transport to claim an autokill. However, because a carrier has no attack value, combat cannot occur, right? Therefore the empty carrier alone cannot kill my transport?

• 2018 2017 2016

You are correct. A carrier can’t hit any unit on attack, only on defence.

• 2018 2017

Keep in mind that this is dependent on whether the carrier has an attack power or not, which in different versions of AxA it may (42.2 = 14/1/2/2, one hit point).  The carrier attacks at zero in Global (only?).

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I posted this question a few years ago under the title “Ramming speed”.  But alas… my proposal was rejected!

• 2018 2017 2016

@taamvan:

Keep in mind that this is dependent on whether the carrier has an attack power or not, which in different versions of AxA it may (42.2 = 14/1/2/2, one hit point).   The carrier attacks at zero in Global (only?).

The question was posed in the Global 1940 forum so I assume that’s what he was playing.

• 2018 2017

Roger, just wanted to remind that G40 ruleset is the exception here, to all other versions IIRC.

• @Gargantua:

I posted this question a few years ago under the title “Ramming speed”.   But alas… my proposal was rejected!

Lol sure, but that also sinks the carrier, so you can trade 1 carrier for 1 transport 🙂

But the defenseless transports rule isnt really a seperate rule just an optimization. You can remove the rule and nothing changes at all ( you get to roll more dice )
    Just keep in mind why the rule is there and you can easy answer every question about the rule.

Welcome to the new forums! For security and technical reasons, we did not migrate your password. Therefore to get started, please reset your password. You may use your email address or username. Please note that your username is not your display name.

If you're having problems, please send an email to webmaster@axisandallies.org

T-shirts, Hats, and More

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games

Users

Topics

1.3m