Just discovered Axis& Allies 1941-but no friends to play it with

• I would like to play Axis and Allies 1941, but I do not know anyone who would be willing to spend several hours playing it with me.  Is there any sort of way to play Axis and Allies on-line with random people from around the country or the world OR against a computer-generated opponent?  Does anyone know?

• 1941 is a streamlined edition that is especially good for introducing new players to Axis & Allies and playing shorter games that experienced players can finish in under 2 hours. If you’re trying to convince others to give Axis & Allies a try, this is perhaps the best version to use.

If you’re still looking for a computer-based solution, try http://www.triplea-game.org/

• @Torretta13:

I would like to play Axis and Allies 1941, but I do not know anyone who would be willing to spend several hours playing it with me. Is there any sort of way to play Axis and Allies on-line with random people from around the country or the world OR against a computer-generated opponent? Does anyone know?

Welcome to the forum, Torretta13,

we use a software called TripleA for playing online and play by forum.

Check out the software subforum, especially this
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=27127.0
    thread.

And of course http://www.triplea-game.org/ as Mr_Tricorder already pointed you to.

Look into the “Play Boardgames” subforums to get an idea about “Play by Forum”.

Don’t hestitate to ask your software related questions in the Software subforum.

Have fun :-)

• '17 '16

@Torretta13:

I would like to play Axis and Allies 1941, but I do not know anyone who would be willing to spend several hours playing it with me. Is there any sort of way to play Axis and Allies on-line with random people from around the country or the world OR against a computer-generated opponent? Does anyone know?

Yes, move to Pensacola, Florida… I happen to know you will have at least one person who would play regularly with you…

• Welcome T13.

Others have already pointed you at the s/w and the fact that many of us use this forum to play others across the globe in exactly the way you describe.

You may also be interested to know that the Find Players forum includes a list of players by country, which may allow you to find another player within travelling distance for face to face games. If there is no-one on the list, you will see that others have posted enquiries looking for opponents, often successfully, and you should feel free to do the same.

Cheers
    PP

• '17 '16

@Private:

If there is no-one on the list, you will see that others have posted enquiries looking for opponents, often successfully…

More often, unsuccessfully…  :-(

• :cry:

• '21 '20 '18 '17

unusual?  World hotspots for AxA interest;

South/Central England (The old “Games Workshop” Domain)

Belgium and North Germany  (aka Rooting for The Other Team)

Eastern Dominion of Inland Canadia (The Cliffside Bunka)

Kansas City, Kansas, Leavenworth, KS Warrensburg MO (Team KC: Bold Cold Rolls)

The very shallow south, eg. Tennessee/Ohio (The Battle of Middle TN and Smorey Swamp)

Old TSR country with Long winters “The Lake states MI WI MN”  (Snowed In)

• '17 '16

@taamvan:

unusual?  World hotspots for AxA interest;

South/Central England (The old “Games Workshop” Domain)

Belgium and North Germany  (aka Rooting for The Other Team)

Eastern Dominion of Inland Canadia (The Cliffside Bunka)

Kansas City, Kansas, Leavenworth, KS Warrensburg MO (Team KC: Bold Cold Rolls)

The very shallow south, eg. Tennessee/Ohio (The Battle of Middle TN and Smorey Swamp)

Old TSR country with Long winters "The Lake states MI WI MN"  (Snowed In)

You totally missed a very major hotspot… the deep South… namely Pensacola Florida… though I don’t know if you can consider one guy who plays a “hotspot”.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m