PRO ITALIAN STRATEGY

• @Ichabod:

My Italian Strategy: I’ve found that for me, the most effective Italian strategy is to usually give practically nothing to Italy in the beginning…S. France, Yugo, Bulgaria, Greece goes to Germany.

Italy needs to get a strong force to Rostov - about 9-13 ground forces. This can opener threat really keeps Russia holed up in Moscow so Germany can hold/keep Caucasus and Stalingrad. Italy can get a few more IPCs by doing some can opener attacks.

how about: Italy takes bulgaria on I1 (Germany kills yugo). Then you get 4 italian inf to help the canopening. This also have the added benefit of givint italy some inf in the front. Italy can now be used to take the terr in USSR. This is good bc germany can now land Luftwaffe in the new terr, so deadzoning is that much more difficult. As an added benefit, Luftwaffe is in an italian terr, so italy can build an Airbase on demand, making allied landings less effective. The sweet thing about this is that the allied have to assume your bombers have 7 in move and have to avoid them, so you can get the full effect of an airbase without actually building it 😄

@Team:

My first post - yay!    Thank you and I love this forum!

Good points, and welcome aboard!

@Kreuzfeld:

@Ichabod:

My Italian Strategy: I’ve found that for me, the most effective Italian strategy is to usually give practically nothing to Italy in the beginning…S. France, Yugo, Bulgaria, Greece goes to Germany.

Italy needs to get a strong force to Rostov - about 9-13 ground forces. This can opener threat really keeps Russia holed up in Moscow so Germany can hold/keep Caucasus and Stalingrad. Italy can get a few more IPCs by doing some can opener attacks.

how about: Italy takes bulgaria on I1 (Germany kills yugo). Then you get 4 italian inf to help the canopening. This also have the added benefit of givint italy some inf in the front. Italy can now be used to take the terr in USSR. This is good bc germany can now land Luftwaffe in the new terr, so deadzoning is that much more difficult. As an added benefit, Luftwaffe is in an italian terr, so italy can build an Airbase on demand, making allied landings less effective. The sweet thing about this is that the allied have to assume your bombers have 7 in move and have to avoid them, so you can get the full effect of an airbase without actually building it 😄

I usually can march the 6 starting infantry or at least 5 of them all the way to Rostov and re-build enough defenses by the time the UK or US show up at Gibraltar with transports. However, your idea does make sense as a way to help Italy’s can opener role.

• I tend to leave Greece for Italy and make Germany take Bulgaria and Yugo based on historical value. Now has anyone ever seen UK take Greece if you choose to leave it for Italy? I have never seen this because I am sure UK thinks taking Greece will weaken its position in Med. Any thoughts on this?

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys

Users

Topics

1.4m