• My questions have to with Chinese territories that are controlled by Japan at the start of the game.
    1. Who controls the territory if it is liberated by one of the allies? Does China get it or does the country who liberated take control?
    2. If the allies liberate and take control can the Chinese still spawn units there?

• '21 '20 '18 '17

1. China gets the $ on its next collect income phase, for the 6 territories that are red like Japanese territory but have the blue star emblem of the nat. Chinese.  They can place the units they already bought this turn, right away.

“New Chinese units can be mobilized on any Chinese territory that is controlled by China”

“They can be moved only into territories that have a Nationalist Chinese emblem. However, Kwangtung and Burma are special cases.”

China only has 18 spaces (12 original, 6 Japanese-controlled) + 2 international spaces that they can ever enter.

Q2) The 18 spaces are Chinese, and if they control them (whether liberated by china or an ally), they can place new guys there.

Chinese infantry cannot conquer Siam and they cannot conquer Korea (because they are never allowed into those territories), those are Japanese, not Chinese, though they are on the continent.    China can never deploy new units in Burma, Korea, FIC, Shan State, or Kwangtung, because those aren’t Chinese territories.

all those guys are stuck on defense duty once you have recaptured all 18 china squares, they are never permitted to leave.  The non-china allies can never draw income from any of those 18 Chinese squares–-capital or no, all the money collected goes into China’s account and cannot be captured or lost.

• Answer to the questions are simple. Chinese occupied territories by Japan are already Chinese to begin with, you’re just seeing a very rare case of them already under enemy control, just picture Japan taking them on turn zero. So they are Chinese in origin so they are liberated, they return to China. China has an awesome advantage of being able to place units on fresh controlled territories so lets say US takes over a Chinese territory on the sea and lets assume that territory is still surrounded by Axis forces, China can place units on that territory after its turn.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Its not a simple answer, because those 18 territories can never be taken by the other Allies, and Korea and Siam and FIC can never be taken by the Chinese, which is totally different than how you handle all the other land and combat movement in the game.

• '18 '17 '16

One more thing worth noting is that Japan cannot build a major complex on these Chinese territories even though they begin the game with them. Also, if a Japanese controlled Chinese territory with an industrial complex is liberated by the Allies, then the complex is removed from the board because China can’t own an IC.

• Thanks fella for the responses. That helped. Taamvan your answer was especially thorough and helpful. I agree with your statement that it “is totally different than how you handle all the other land and combat movement in the game.” Thanks again.

• @GeneralHandGrenade:

One more thing worth noting is that Japan cannot build a major complex on these Chinese territories even though they begin the game with them. Also, if a Japanese controlled Chinese territory with an industrial complex is liberated by the Allies, then the complex is removed from the board because China can’t own an IC.

It however should be noted that if Japan builds an air field, China is allowed to use it for the Flying Tigers, very unlikely to happen but possible.

• I know that and most players should know the Tigers can’t leave China nor engage naval so the airfield is technically still worthless but it’s allowed and most players don’t know that.

• More than likely the +1 is going to be worthless. The only way I can see the Tigers taking an advantage with the +1 is if either the Chinese player is too scared to use the Tigers which s/he is a fool for doing that or you are engaged on two fronts which most of the time is a bad situation for China as Japan can easily defeat a two pong China unless of course Japan is on it’s knees but again, all this depends is if Japan even build an airfield in China and majority of players agree that airfields are worthless compared to carriers and needing the +1 is pointless because of Japan’s excellent position in China.

• '17 '16 Customizer

Regarding the Chinese territories controlled by Japan at the start of the game, I place Japan control markers on those territories when I set the board up. It’s a big help for me when one of those is liberated and the Japan marker removed as, later on, I quickly know who controls it at a glance. If Japan re-captures it, I place the marker back.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m