Virtual flea market mix-up left me with wrong edition

• I recently purchased what was advertised as A&A 1942 2nd edition from a virtual flea market for a game convention. I was not able to attend, so my father picked up the game for me. Unfortunately, the game I received was A&A 1942 1st edition.

Is there any chance anyone would be interested in swapping a copy of 1942 2nd edition for 1st edition, or at the very least be willing to sell/swap a 2nd edition board?

• '17 '16

Nope, I love my copy of 2nd Edition… however, you can visit the 1942 2ed forum and find the printable version of the map there so you can print your own map… the 2nd Edition rules are also available in free PDF format, so its not much work to convert your 1st edition to 2nd edition.

• I figured it was a long shot that someone would be willing to part with a copy of 1942 2nd edition in favor of 1st edition. I’ve already downloaded Imperious Leader’s excellent maps for 1942 2nd edition and 1st edition and plan on making a double-sided board. That way I can play either version without having to deal with the cramped 1st edition board that came in the box. Also, the seller included eleven extra ICs and AA guns (that makes 23 each), many more grey and red chips than would have originally come with the game, and what seems to be two combined sets of paper IPCs from earlier editions (half of the bills look very worn while half look almost unused). Looks like I’ll hold on to this copy after all.

• Sponsor

@Mr_Tricorder:

I figured it was a long shot that someone would be willing to part with a copy of 1942 2nd edition in favor of 1st edition.

I might… I just need to think about it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m