Anniversary edition reprint announced at Origins?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Curtmungus:

But I revolt at getting jerked around by corporate honchos looking to make a buck!

This is your chance to fight the power man. And you are giving in.

• '17 '16

@Curtmungus:

Yeah, sure, I get it.  But dude, they call it limited edition knowing that “limited” is going to spike sales on the upfront and cause after-market demand to skyrocket, so that a few years down the line…“Oh we’ll issue a reprint”… how F’ing convenient!

I think you missed the entire point of Axis and Allies… it’s not a money-making investment… if you want a money-making investment, you’re better off playing the stock market not buying “limited edition games”… if you bought A&A 50th Anniversary Edition with the sole intent on selling it later to make money, you’re doing it wrong.

If you actually bought it to play and enjoy, then what difference does it make if its worth a penny or $500? If you keep it to play, its worth neither, because you’re not selling it, that’s all in your head. As I tell my friend, who saves all his money and never spends a dime, he’s the poorest person I know, because he has money but lives like a pauper.

Play A&A enjoy the game… if you bought it for an investment to make a buck, there are far better ways to invest money.

P.S.
    It most certainly was a limited edition… if you’re upset about that term and think they lied to you… no, they didn’t… limited edition means you can’t just go to the store later and pick one up… I think waiting another 8 years to get your hands on one at the store is pretty freakin’ limited IMHO.

• '14

@Young:

Axis & Allies 50th Anniversary Edition is one of the greatest games in the whole entire franchise… that’s why I’m gonna buy one.

I couldn’t agree more Sir! I pre ordered mine today

On amazon, it says there will be, four new sculpts in the game. That is awesome to hear. More pieces for me to paint. :-D

• '19 '18 '17

@John:

On amazon, it says there will be, four new sculpts in the game. That is awesome to hear. More pieces for me to paint. :-D

I wonder if the “new” sculpts will just be 1940 pieces substituted for some of the original AAA50 pieces.  Hard to believe that these will be literally all-new sculpts for a reprint.  Happy to be wrong!

@Dajokr:

@John:

I wonder if the “new” sculpts will just be 1940 pieces substituted for some of the original AAA50 pieces.  Hard to believe that these will be literally all-new sculpts for a reprint.  Happy to be wrong!

I hope your wrong, lol. It also says the board will be 24x46, which would be cool.

• Sponsor

@John:

@Dajokr:

@John:

I wonder if the “new” sculpts will just be 1940 pieces substituted for some of the original AAA50 pieces.�  Hard to believe that these will be literally all-new sculpts for a reprint.�  Happy to be wrong!

I hope your wrong, lol. It also says the board will be 24x46, which would be cool.

24X46… is that larger than the original?

• Measured mine. Is 23x45, in 3 pieces.

@Young:

@John:

@Dajokr:

@John:

I wonder if the “new” sculpts will just be 1940 pieces substituted for some of the original AAA50 pieces.�  Hard to believe that these will be literally all-new sculpts for a reprint.�  Happy to be wrong!

24X46… is that larger than the original?

YG, comparing the two. It looks like the same size. The way they describe it, was a little misleading, because I have the original, and I forgot that it was that size.

• Hi John. I agree . I Suspect they rounded up. The map won’t be different.

• Sponsor

@wittmann:

Hi John. I agree . I Suspect they rounded up. The map won’t be different.

A larger map means a bigger box, and I don’t think they’re prepared for that kind of change. I agree… the map size will be the same as the original.

When it says 4 new sculpts, do you all think they will use 1940 sculpts or completely new sculpts?

• @John:

When it says 4 new sculpts, do you all think they will use 1940 sculpts or completely new sculpts?

At this point, we’re at the “insufficient data” stage.  “New sculpts” could mean any number of things, all of which are presently only theories of the your-guess-is-as-good-as-mine variety.  It could include a new design for the Industrial Complex, for example, or a Chinese-specific artillery sculpt.  It could mean “new to Anniversary”, for instance if they were to replace some of the old-style units in Anniversary with their current 1940 counterparts.  It could mean “new to the mainstream A&A WWII games”, for instance if they were to replace the non-British UK transport ship and the non-Russian Soviet carrier sculpts with their nation-appropriate counterparts from 1941.  It could mean “new to the entire A&A WWII game line”, for instance if they were to keep the 1941 sculpts exclusively as 1941 sculpts and, therefore, create entirely new sculpts for the UK transport and the Soviet carrier.  Or it could mean something else entirely that’s not covered by any of those guesses.

Thanks CWO Marc. Either way, I will pre-order it, because rules will have the latest updates. :-)

• @Young:

@wittmann:

Hi John. I agree . I Suspect they rounded up. The map won’t be different.

A larger map means a bigger box, and I don’t think they’re prepared for that kind of change. I agree… the map size will be the same as the original.

This WotC page…

http://wpn.wizards.com/en/products/axis-allies

…says “Game board (24 x 46 inches)” about the reprint.

This A&A.org page…

http://www.axisandallies.org/p/axis_allies_anniversary_edition_more_details/

says that the game board measures 24" x 46" in the original.  So yes, the map is indeed the same size.

• Well then mine has shrunk from lack of use or American inches are smaller than English ones!

• Well then mine has shrunk from lack of use or American inches are smaller than English ones!

LOL

• @Benito:

Well then mine has shrunk from lack of use or American inches are smaller than English ones!

LOL

Inches are indeed the same in the UK and the US, but they are actually something of an exception in that regard because quite a few British imperial units and US customary measurement units are different even if they have the same name.  (This reminds me of an old Cold War-era Russian joke.  Q: What’s the difference between a Soviet dwarf and an American dwarf?  A: Soviet dwarfs are taller.)

• '17 '16

@John:

Thanks CWO Marc. Either way, I will pre-order it, because rules will have the latest updates. :-)

Either way, I will be ordering A&A.50 because I wasn’t “in the market” last time around, when I got back into A&A I wasn’t going to pay $500 for a second-hand copy… I won’t miss the boat (or the pocket battleship) this time around…

So now… who’s making the “printable” copy of the board available on the forum???

• IL has the  3’ x  6’  map on site for download. I got mine printed long time ago.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m