Anniversary edition reprint announced at Origins?

• @CWO:

Agreed; as I mentioned, this doesn’t tell us anything definitive.Â

Then why did you post it ?

• '17 '16

@CWO:

There’s a certain amusing irony to the principle that one shouldn’t put any stock in a stock photo. :-D

Irony can be pretty darn ironic at times…

• '17 '16 '15

Hmm, this sounds encouraging for new sculpts.

http://www.phdgames.com/axis-allies-anniversary-edition-avalon-hill/

Contents:
    1 game box
    1 updated rulebook
    6 country specific�storage boxes (USA, UK, Russia, Germany, Japan, & Italy)
    2 common storage boxes
    1 24″ � 46″ game board
    14 game dice
    650+ plastic miniatures (with 4 new sculpts)
    �and much more!

I found this description on a couple sites that were updated in the past day; I don’t think the original mentioned 4 new sculpts - can anyone confirm that?

• @84tigers:

I found this description on a couple sites that were updated in the past day; I don’t think the original mentioned 4 new sculpts - can anyone confirm that?

Yes:

http://wpn.wizards.com/en/products/axis-allies

Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition

Release Date:
    9/22/2017

Description:
    The most celebrated Axis & Allies edition is back!

Upon its release nearly a decade ago, the Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition became an instant classic! Now this deluxe board game designed by Larry Harris (the original creator of Axis & Allies), returns with rulebook updates and streamlined gameplay.

With over 650 playing pieces, including the largest board ever created for an A&A game, this beloved board game is a must have for the strategy gamer enthusiast.

Age Range: Ages 12+

Players: 2-6 Players

Play Time: 6 hours

Contents:

Updated A&A rulebook, with errata and rules clarifications

6 country-specific storage boxes (USA, UK, Russia, Germany, Japan, and Italy)

2 common storage boxes

Game board (24 x 46 inches), the largest Axis & Allies board

Over 650 plastic miniatures, with 4 new sculpts

Additional components including game dice, tokens, paper bills, and plastic chips

UPC: A630509612710
    SKU: C39720000
    MSRP*: $100

*Applies to U.S. Only

• '17 '16 '15

Cool  :-)

It is now available for pre-order on Amazon for $75.48

https://www.amazon.com/Avalon-Hill-Allies-Anniversary-Strategy/dp/B0734BWNV9/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498761041&sr=8-1&keywords=axis+allies+anniversary

or you can get the original for the low price of $999

I’m thinking Cool Stuff Inc. will have a better price.

• '17 '16

@CWO:

Release Date:
    9/22/2017

MSRP: $100

The only two things I needed to see, ty.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

@CWO:

Additional components including game dice, tokens, paper bills, and plastic chips

It surprises me that we still get paper bills. I just assumed this was gone forever.  :-)

• @Tjoek:

@CWO:

It surprises me that we still get paper bills. I just assumed this was gone forever.  :-)

It would be nice if reprint also features The Return Of The Plastic Factories, since the original has plastic ICs.  Those items looked gone forever too, as far as the most recent games were concerned.

• '17 '16

Well, any true fan of A&A will probably already have his own currency (paper or chips), and a dozen or two factories… though I didn’t specifically see anything that said it did or didn’t have plastic factories… did the original 50th Anniversary have plastic factories?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Wolfshanze:

did the original 50th Anniversary have plastic factories?

Yep

• As stated on page 5 of the rulebook:

Common Units (Light Gray):
    24 Industrial Complexes (factories)
    24 AA Guns

• '14

Would definitely like for AH to keep the status quo with the game. Although it would be understandable if they did make the original a bit better than the re-release

• '17 '16

@wartorn:

Although it would be understandable if they did make the original a bit better than the re-release

That makes no sense at all, if anything, the opposite should be true… it should either be the same or a little better, because its newer… you don’t “unimprove” a product you expect people to buy… once again, that sounds like a special snowflake statement that “my ‘original’ copy will always be better than yours”. There’s no reason to make a reprint or new edition any less than the original.

• I never bought one originally because I was pretty sure this would happen…. SUCKERS!  8-)

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Curtmungus:

I never bought one originally because I was pretty sure this would happen…. SUCKERS!  8-)

It’s not as though you are saving money buying the re-release new versus buying it new in 2009. They were/are the same price.

• '17 '16

In 2009 I was raising babies and playing A&A was not on my radar (so I missed the initial release)… 8 years later, my babies aren’t babies anymore and are playing games themselves… time for me to get Anniversary Edition… lolz

• '14

@Wolfshanze:

@wartorn:

Although it would be understandable if they did make the original a bit better than the re-release

That makes no sense at all, if anything, the opposite should be true… it should either be the same or a little better, because its newer… you don’t “unimprove” a product you expect people to buy… once again, that sounds like a special snowflake statement that “my ‘original’ copy will always be better than yours”. There’s no reason to make a reprint or new edition any less than the original.

Well thats not fair at all. I would like to mention the IPC’s, plastic moulded factories, and less detailed (although more country specific) pieces. Although the game play has gotten more complex, they have definitely been some short comings in the box to offset the “upgrades”

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@LHoffman:

@Curtmungus:

I never bought one originally because I was pretty sure this would happen…. SUCKERS!� 8-)

It’s not as though you are saving money buying the re-release new versus buying it new in 2009. They were/are the same price.

yeah, but it’s fun to have a new toy

• Yeah, sure, I get it.  But dude, they call it limited edition knowing that “limited” is going to spike sales on the upfront and cause after-market demand to skyrocket, so that a few years down the line…“Oh we’ll issue a reprint”… how F’ing convenient!

Come on, AA 42 2nd is basically the same game.  G40 is way better, who cares about this garbage… they are bleeding us for every last dollar through marketing gimmicks!  Am I going to buy it?  Probably, but not out of obsequious reverence like a lot of you nerds… more out of professional dedication.  I love the dice.  It’s a way of life. But I revolt at getting jerked around by corporate honchos looking to make a buck!

Get it?  :-P

• Sponsor

Axis & Allies 50th Anniversary Edition is one of the greatest games in the whole entire franchise… that’s why I’m gonna buy one.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m