• Who do you see making the playoffs? And Super Bowl?

I’m curious how my Dallas Cowboys will do with a first place schedule.

• Dallas Cowboys all the way!

• Labron James as usual

• @Imperious:

Labron James as usual

Lol James is a Cowboy fan.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Well for the AFC it’s a coin flip between the Patriots and everyone else. For the NFC I’ll go with the Giants, the Pats finally get another crack at them.

As a Jet fan I’m hoping for a true crash and burn of 2-14 or worse instead of a more costly 4-12 or 5-11. I want Sam Darnold!

• '20

My Packers will under-achieve and flop in playoffs. Defense has been abysmal since Nick Collins career-ending injury. Patriots win it all again i think.

• L.A. amm, Oakla… amm L.V. Raiders  :-D

• @aequitas:

L.A. amm, Oakla… amm L.V. Raiders  :-D

You forgot San Diego, oh wait LA Chargers. The Cardinals need to head back to St. Louis.

• @ABWorsham:

You forgot San Diego, oh wait LA Chargers. The Cardinals need to head back to St. Louis.

They will not make the playoffs 8-)

I still can’t believe the Chargers will be playing in an expanded soccer stadium that can only hold 30,000 people. Then they’ll be moving to the Rams new stadium as distinct tenants, not co-owners.

Meanwhile there is a very good chance the Raiders could wind up moving again within ten years.

If St. Louis desperately wants a team (they’ll need to be suckered into building a new stadium) the Jaguars seem to be the best bet.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Oakland Raiders vs. Philadelphia Eagles in SB 52.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Raiders!

• '17 '16

@General:

Meanwhile there is a very good chance the Raiders could wind up moving again within ten years.

They’re moving to Vegas in 2020, the coliseum is already under construction… pretty sure the Raiders will be locked-in to Vegas for quite awhile.

I’m sure there is an onerous exit clause in their agreement with Las Vegas but I just don’t see professional football succeeding in that market.

Besides, didn’t St. Louis build the Rams a shiny new dome as part of enticing them to leave LA? If you build it, they will come. But they will not necessarily stay. Amend my post to 20 years, since that’s roughly how long the Rams played in St. Louis.

• '17 '16

@General:

I’m sure there is an onerous exit clause in their agreement with Las Vegas but I just don’t see professional football succeeding in that market.

Besides, didn’t St. Louis build the Rams a shiny new dome as part of enticing them to leave LA? If you build it, they will come. But they will not necessarily stay. Amend my post to 20 years, since that’s roughly how long the Rams played in St. Louis.

I never said a new stadium means a team will stay forever and ever and ever and ever… that would be a silly thing to say… all stadiums age, and in the end, that’s usually why a team moves, because they don’t like an old stadium.  Also using the Rams is a bad example, because they were certainly in St Louis a LOT longer than 10 years (and their stadium got 20 years older)… so amending your post after the response to a 10 year prediction is not a fair thing to do when my response was specifically on your 10 year prediction not a forever and ever or 20 year prediction… no way they will leave in under 10 years, I stand by that… and that’s what I responded to… your prediction of 10 years.

As for success… I’m a Raider fan… Las Vegas is not where I would move a franchise too… homefield advantage will be lost, because there isn’t really a large local population, Vegas is mostly full of people not from Las Vegas, it’s a transient city… also, young football players with a lot of money who are bored in a town like Vegas is a recipe for off-the-field trouble with your young players.

I think it is a bad decision all around… having said that, they’re not going anywhere from 2020 to 2030… they’ll be in Vegas that long for a number of reasons.

I am a Raider fan, but I’m not in Oakland… so their moving from Oakland to Vegas wont deprive me of anything directly (other than making some shirts out-of-date)… but I’m not a fan of the move… personally, I think they would have been better-off as the Pensacola Raiders, but that’s just me… lol

Why are are talking about fair responses? What is this, a Congressional hearing? Will my post be stricken from the record? Lighten up! Regardless of vagabond status the Raiders will be a playoff contender this year.

Besides, I agree with all the points you’ve mentioned about Las Vegas, hence why I still believe there’s a chance this move could become an enormous flop.

• '17 '16

I never argued the move could prove a flop for the Raiders, I simply argued they won’t be leaving Vegas before 2030.

That’s Fair and Balanced!  :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m