• Agent Smith : I love your cocky nature, as I’m the same way.

1- I’m not exactly a “home” player as I’ve been kicking butt up and down the state of Florida at conventions for years.
      2- I know that the Allies have a SLIGHT advantage and it was foolish to offer a free supersub. ( just my cockiness coming out )
      3- If anyone ever gave me the Axis and 7 extra inf. , then the game would be pretty much over. There would be no effective defense. If I were the Allies facing this, then I would suggest that Brit. buy a carrier & transport. The U.S. then buys 2 transports, 1 tank and 5 inf and noncombats 2 ftrs to the Brit carrier along with a loaded transport to London. The U.S. then keeps a steady stream of inf. marching from Wash. to Can. to take a boat ride.

Do you think that your’e ready for me Agent Smith ?

• I’m not exactly a “home” player as I’ve been kicking butt up and down the state of Florida at conventions for years.

The conventions might make some difference but I was unimpressed with the one and only I went to.

• I know that the Allies have a SLIGHT advantage and it was foolish to offer a free supersub. ( just my cockiness coming out )

Not really as the Allies I’d spot you 21ipcs in units and axis advantage and still hammer you.

If anyone ever gave me the Axis and 7 extra inf. , then the game would be pretty much over. There would be no effective defense. If I were the Allies facing this, then I would suggest that Brit. buy a carrier & transport. The U.S. then buys 2 transports, 1 tank and 5 inf and noncombats 2 ftrs to the Brit carrier along with a loaded transport to London. The U.S. then keeps a steady stream of inf. marching from Wash. to Can. to take a boat ride.

That’s the basic idea as the Allies.  If you are so sure 21 is too much just watch my game with DM he’s a good player and this game could easily go the distance and be a loss for me.

• I’ve finally figured out why you " online talented " people seem to think that the Allies start with an EXTREME advantage. It’s because the knucklehead your’e playing has the Japs farting around in the Pacific chasing U.S. ships, Hawaii,Alaska,Australia, or some other nutty adventure. Meanwhile 100% of my Japanese resources are aimed directly at Russia’s heinie, while merely fending off any U.S. aggression. I quote from the Bible, Proverbs 4 verse 7 which states " Ye that giveth thee 7 extra inf. in Ger. shalt surely perish " It’s really there. Look it up!!

Ready to try out some real nice Florida “home” style cooking AgentSmith?

ps- not overly impressed with the online “talent”!

• Someone teach this guy a lesson please…

I would do so myself, but am occupied currently with a Classic game with Dezrtfish.

• Maddog, I have to say that although you’re cocky, you’re at least hilarious about it!

• I’ve finally figured out why you " online talented " people seem to think that the Allies start with an EXTREME advantage. It’s because the knucklehead your’e playing has the Japs farting around in the Pacific chasing U.S. ships, Hawaii,Alaska,Australia, or some other nutty adventure.

Other than attacking Pearl with naval units I generally hold back on most of this, and in actuality the affect naval units have on the game calculus is very very low.

ps- not overly impressed with the online “talent”!

:lol:

Ready to try out some real nice Florida “home” style cooking AgentSmith?

You really haven’t shown me anything yet which suggests you are deserving of a game.  Playing just to yet again prove to someone that the game is unbalanced against the Axis doesn’t seem worthwhile.  Maybe one of the moderators could find one of the games I played where this was already done.  What’s the story are these gone/wiped out by a virus or what?

We lost 2 yrs of stuff due to the hack last year.

I wish we had your game with GWS (I think it was that one).  You basically killed Japan in rd 1.  Classic.

• yeah that was the one I was thinking of.

• How’d that one go?

I’m watching the current one with great interest.

Maddog - I’d be glad to play sometime, but can’t support a game just yet.  I’ll let you know.

• @DarthMaximus:

I wish we had your game with GWS (I think it was that one).  You basically killed Japan in rd 1.  Classic.

I remember that game clearly. To be fair GWS shot himself in the foot by not taking back manchuria as japan (if I recall), which I don’t think many japan’s would allow. Still, a great example.

@aaFiendish:

@DarthMaximus:

I remember that game clearly. To be fair GWS shot himself in the foot by not taking back manchuria as japan (if I recall), which I don’t think many japan’s would allow. Still, a great example.

Yeah, I didn’t remember the exact details, just that Japan was hurt very early on and never recovered.

@Jermofoot:

How’d that one go?

AS attack Man and Kwa in rd 1, and I think sunk the Japanese fleet very early (maybe rd 2).  I think the US bought some bombs in rd 1 to help.  :?
    But again, I don’t exactly remember the details.

• I am also sure that china was not taken down due to kwangbang. Thus, in the US turn, they hit japan seas with their pearl navy which was left unmolested, and the fighter from western, china, and the bomber since manchuria wasn’t retaken. Thus, it was probably something like 1 sub, 2 fighters, ac, 3 transports, two BB’s vs. 1 sub, 1 carrier, 3 fighters, bomber. The next round the UK might have hit it with a bomber and their china fighter, followed up by the battleship/transport from western US, fighter from eastern, and two newly bought bombers. It was messy, cost the US not much besides its two built bombers, but what price isn’t worth paying to keep the japanese so incredibly weak?

For some reason that game sticks out well in my memory, maybe because I have never seen japan creamed so brutally. That brings up bukake references I really don’t want to think about…

• @aaFiendish:

I am also sure that china was not taken down due to kwangbang. Thus, in the US turn, they hit japan seas with their pearl navy which was left unmolested, and the fighter from western, china, and the bomber since manchuria wasn’t retaken. Thus, it was probably something like 1 sub, 2 fighters, ac, 3 transports, two BB’s vs. 1 sub, 1 carrier, 3 fighters, bomber. The next round the UK might have hit it with a bomber and their china fighter, followed up by the battleship/transport from western US, fighter from eastern, and two newly bought bombers. It was messy, cost the US not much besides its two built bombers, but what price isn’t worth paying to keep the japanese so incredibly weak?

Geez…what DID Japan do on round 1?  That’s ridiculous!  It’s interesting, because the Allied attack is similar to a strategy I had concerning combating Japan.  Sounds like he made the circumstances too enticing to leave alone though…hehehe.

For some reason that game sticks out well in my memory, maybe because I have never seen japan creamed so brutally. That brings up bukake references I really don’t want to think about…

Ewww…and now you had to pass it on to us, huh?  Thanks!

• If I remember right though there was a reason why Japan didn’t land in Manch I think it was b/c there was a counterattack possible and so GWS choose to go for either SFE and Kwan or all to FIC.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m