3D factories … would there be a market?

• Would there be a market of interested people for 3D factories for Axis and Allies? If so, what would be an acceptable/reasonable price?  I make them out of glow in the dark material :) (Hey you never know how badly you need to find those factories in the dark!!!)

• @DiveCrewCanada:

I make them out of glow in the dark material :) (Hey you never know how badly you need to find those factories in the dark!!!)

Glow-in-the-dark factories would have been too vulnerable to night-time bombing raids during WWII, but for a board game they should be okay.  :)

• @CWO:

@DiveCrewCanada:

I make them out of glow in the dark material :) (Hey you never know how badly you need to find those factories in the dark!!!)

Glow-in-the-dark factories would have been too vulnerable to night-time bombing raids during WWII, but for a board game they should be okay.  :)

Hahahaha :) Well, I can promise that if they get painted, that property is “undercover” Pun intended :)

• Sponsor

They may not chime in here, but I know many players for a long time now that have asked me about getting them somehow for themselves.

• '18 '17 '16

If you could clone the plane stands you could make a killing right now. I’m being inundated with messages for them lately.

• '14

I am DEFINITELY interested!!! A kit put together with an initial set up and the"go to" purchases would be genius!!!

My only input would be to minimal-ize the square footage. Square footage is very valuable on most territories where the major factories would be. Maybe ridding the majors of the border and merging the 2 buildings together would save some space. And, the minor factories would be  the perfect size if they were somewhere in between the size of a monopoly house and hotel.

• @GeneralHandGrenade:

If you could clone the plane stands you could make a killing right now. I’m being inundated with messages for them lately.

I am pretty sure I can come up with something :D

• @wartorn:

I am DEFINITELY interested!!! A kit put together with an initial set up and the"go to" purchases would be genius!!!

My only input would be to minimal-ize the square footage. Square footage is very valuable on most territories where the major factories would be. Maybe ridding the majors of the border and merging the 2 buildings together would save some space. And, the minor factories would be  the perfect size if they were somewhere in between the size of a monopoly house and hotel.

what do you mean by “go to” ? Sorry, before beeing bald, I was blonde :/

Definitely can make the minor smaller (right now it is same size as in the original axis and allies)  and I can definitely make the major less space invasive :) I will see if I can have sometime tonight to make one and print it :)

• @wartorn:

How about that new design? :)

• I scaled down the “minor factory” making the “major factory” the size of the original factory

Also designed Airfields and Naval Ports

• How big are the air fields & naval bases

• @Grimwolf:

How big are the air fields & naval bases

I am currently printing them, I will take a picture with some game pieces besides them for scale once they are done.  I should be able to post pictures in less then an hour.  I can always scale anything up or down :)  But right now, I am just printing for the first time as I just finished the design few minutes ago lol. Thus the screen shot of the 3D models instead of an actual print :) Stay tuned !

• @Grimwolf:

There you go:

Even though it is possible to scale things down, I think that the naval base and airfield are actually as small as they should be if wanting some details and be able to paint them.

• '14

@DiveCrewCanada:

@wartorn:

Definitely can make the minor smaller (right now it is same size as in the original axis and allies)  and I can definitely make the major less space invasive :) I will see if I can have sometime tonight to make one and print it :)

The initial set up of major and Minor factories. Plus Minors for Greece, Egypt, 2 or 3 for Japan, and and extra for France (since they always get creamed in the first turn). Will look at the set up and come up with some numbers. Just a thought though.

• @wartorn:

@DiveCrewCanada:

@wartorn:

The initial set up of major and Minor factories. Plus Minors for Greece, Egypt, 2 or 3 for Japan, and and extra for France (since they always get creamed in the first turn). Will look at the set up and come up with some numbers. Just a thought though.

By all mean, looking forward to hear that number :)

• '14

@DiveCrewCanada:

@Grimwolf:

There you go:

Even though it is possible to scale things down, I think that the naval base and airfield are actually as small as they should be if wanting some details and be able to paint them.

You sir work quick and are mighty talented! I do like the first major factory design you came up with more, but I would still purchase the “new design.” Factory size seems perfect (small and compact is better). Only comment I have on the bases are WOW. Great job and thanks for doing this DCC!!!

• @wartorn:

You sir work quick and are mighty talented! I do like the first major factory design you came up with more, but I would still purchase the “new design.” Factory size seems perfect (small and compact is better). Only comment I have on the bases are WOW. Great job and thanks for doing this DCC!!!

Thank you sir.

Ok, following your previous recommendations and preferences, this is the final set I came up with (I trimmed the major factory and made it more compact) Here are some screenshots from different angles. You can easily refer to pics I posted above for scale of the new/old/remade/major factory.  that’s the only piece not in the pictures.

Now, what i need to know is how many of each would make  a nice set? Should Factories and Bases be separated? Ya know… in case some people are nostalgic and prefer to play with a lil carboard square… (To those, I recommend Squad leader… you would go nutz with square chits :D )

• Discovering this site is becoming more and more dangerous for my bank account

• Sponsor

@bgugs:

Discovering this site is becoming more and more dangerous for my bank account

…maybe you should use your wife’s bank account instead.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m