Welcome! If you're a returning member of the forums, please reset your password. If you don't receive an email within minutes, it means your account is listed under another, likely older, email address. Contact webmaster@axisandallies.org for help.

Worst Country to play



  • Topic is simple, in your opinion, what do you think is the worst country to play on Turn 1?

    I think a good part of us will agree Italy has to be the worse.



  • Actually, I would say Italy is good to play because they are not too hard and are on the team that usually wins.
    Probably the Soviet Union would be worse-in a way-because of the feeling of knowing you are more than likely going to get overrun, and there is nothing you can do about besides wait for Anglo American support. Russia has a lot more units and battles, but are stuck in a sandwich in between two big Axis powers.
    Good post idea and God Bless you from,
    -AxisandAlliesGeneral



  • US or UK Pacific IMO



  • Yeah early game US can be an absolute slog. Even with a J1, it will be several rounds before any American unit is in a position to do anything.


  • 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 '14 '13 Moderator

    Anzac.



  • Italy,

    You cant do anything round 1 with most of your forced destroyed before you even get to play.

    All other countries have some choices when they start italy normaly only has 1 and has to hope for german support to do anything other then be the can opener in the east.

    Well France would be worst but hey thats not a player 🙂



  • Well in the long run (when only considering the major powers) is Russia pretty depressing to play, because your options are quite limited.

    If considering all powers or only turn 1 then I would say that China is pretty boring (beside France).


  • 2019 2018 2017 2016

    France. Unless G messed up!



  • Out of all the major powers, on turn 1, USA is the worst IMO.  Across the whole game, it would be Italy (assuming that they aren’t running wild in Africa or the Middle East or something crazy) or USSR


  • 2017 2016

    US is boring at first (trying to get into the war), but overall a fun nation to play… of the major players, I would say the USSR would be the worst… because they’re pretty one-dimensional with few options, there’s no “naval strategy”, you need your allies to survive and its just a slog of a nation to play. I would rather play Italy than the USSR, at least they have options and can be more dynamic.


  • 2017 2016

    @Private:

    France. Unless G messed up!

    Hahaha…. yeah.  :lol:



  • Worse nation to be on turn 1? Hands down for me would have to be France. The only country in the game that losses it’s capital on the first turn. :’(



  • France would be too easy to say as they have a 97% chance of losing regardless.



  • @wittmann:

    Anzac.

    They do have the best Infantry pieces.


  • 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 '14 '13 Moderator

    Possibly. Although I am a fan of German materiel.
    Anzac’s first turn is very scripted: Java and a TT and Inf buy.



  • Has to be USA.

    Its so far away from anything exciting happening, it needs to plan what its going to do turns in advance, and by that time the board may have changed

    Its national objectives are dull and pretty much automatic

    It also has to build from the ground up turn one, it cant do much with its units to start with, unlike other countries which offer the player a variety of strategies which they can play around with. Instead the the US just gets an either or choice: do I go East or West?



  • @wittmann:

    Possibly. Although I am a fan of German materiel.
    Anzac’s first turn is very scripted: Java and a TT and Inf buy.

    I love the ANZAC hats.



  • @h0lym0nk:

    Has to be USA.

    Its so far away from anything exciting happening, it needs to plan what its going to do turns in advance, and by that time the board may have changed

    Its national objectives are dull and pretty much automatic

    It also has to build from the ground up turn one, it cant do much with its units to start with, unlike other countries which offer the player a variety of strategies which they can play around with. Instead the the US just gets an either or choice: do I go East or West?

    I dislike the green P-38 Lightnings.



  • Surprised no one has said China. There is something fun about attacking with small stacks of infantry against even thinner stacks of Japanese units. It’s alway a “come on 1s, baby” type vibe, and those dicey battles matter.



  • China is a 50/50 nation, I have played as China and handed Japan’s ass to them before. Granted, Japan played terribly but still.



  • Italy if the British were successful in attacking Taranto & Tobruk. Not much to do but send can openers to the eastern front to assist Germany and help hold Normandy. It feels rough when you play India & Anzac & China when the United States player decides to put most of the money and focus against Germany & Italy. Not much money and all you can do is try and slow down the Japanese juggernaut! France doesn’t count as they get crushed by even average German players.



  • Correct, France has a 97% chance of failing from German hands, so unless France gets that awesome 3 percent or Germany just refuses to send a threatening force, France always falls.


  • 2018 2017 2016 2015 '14 '12

    How can anyone say USA?  That’s nuts!

    USA is one of the funnest powers to play.  Sure, the first few turns you are just building, but how the US builds up is critical to the Allied global response: build in Atlantic to hit Germany or the Pac to contain Japan.  Not only must you consider your own strategy, but the moves of the Axis.  This can be very technical and exhilarating.

    Then, when you are unleashed, boom! The US hammer blow!



  • But turn 1 the US (barring any craziness) have no combat to do, and the only interesting thing they can do (if they’re at war) is take Brazil. For the first few turns, all you do is build. But yes, when you get into the thick of things in Europe and against Japan, it is much more fun to play America.


  • 2018 2017 2016 2015 '14 '12

    The USA is the fuccking savior of the game!  :lol:

    If the Axis are doing their job, the UK fleet is gone, Russia is under siege, and the Southern Pacific has fallen to Japan.  The only power that can do anything is USA!


Log in to reply
 

Welcome to the new forums! For security and technical reasons, we did not migrate your password. Therefore to get started, please reset your password. You may use your email address or username. Please note that your username is not your display name.

If you're having problems, please send an email to webmaster@axisandallies.org

T-shirts, Hats, and More

Suggested Topics

  • 7
  • 27
  • 4
  • 17
  • 10
  • 25
  • 4
  • 18
I Will Never Grow Up Games

52
Online

13.3k
Users

33.6k
Topics

1.3m
Posts