Colt(Axis) vs Oyst 1940 Global 2E

• '20

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.9

Game History

Round: 17

Purchase Units - Italians
                Italians buy 5 infantry; Remaining resources: 1 PUs;

Combat Move - Italians
                1 fighter moved from Western Germany to Holland Belgium
                5 infantry moved from France to Holland Belgium

Combat - Italians
                Battle in Holland Belgium
                    Italians attack with 1 fighter and 5 infantry
                    Americans defend with 2 infantry
                    Italians win, taking Holland Belgium from Americans with 1 fighter and 4 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                    Casualties for Italians: 1 infantry
                    Casualties for Americans: 2 infantry

Non Combat Move - Italians
                1 fighter moved from Holland Belgium to Western Germany
                1 infantry moved from Northern Italy to France
                2 infantry moved from Southern Italy to Northern Italy

Place Units - Italians
                3 infantry placed in Southern Italy
                2 infantry placed in Northern Italy

Turn Complete - Italians
                Italians collect 14 PUs; end with 15 PUs total

Territory Summary for Italians :

Cyprus : 1 flag, 1 aaGun and 3 infantry
        Southern France : 1 flag, 1 factory_minor and 1 harbour
        France : 2 infantry
        Western Germany : 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 1 infantry
        Holland Belgium : 4 infantry
        Northern Italy : 1 factory_major and 4 infantry
        Southern Italy : 2 aaGuns, 1 airfield, 1 factory_minor, 1 harbour and 11 infantry
        Tambov : 1 flag
        Western Ukraine : 1 flag
        Caucasus : 1 aaGun
        97 Sea Zone : 1 flag, 1 destroyer

triplea_39941_Ita17.tsvg

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

TripleA Move Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.9

Game History

Purchase Units - ANZAC
                ANZAC buy 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 2 submarines; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - ANZAC
                1 bomber and 7 fighters moved from Northwest Persia to Caucasus

triplea_39941_ANZ17.tsvg

intercept

• '20

no thanks

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.9

Game History

Purchase Units - ANZAC
                ANZAC buy 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 2 submarines; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - ANZAC
                1 bomber and 7 fighters moved from Northwest Persia to Caucasus

Combat - ANZAC
                Air Battle in Caucasus
                    ANZAC attacks with 8 units heading to Caucasus
                    Air Battle is over, the remaining bombers go on to their targets
                Strategic bombing raid in Caucasus
                    Bombing raid in Caucasus rolls: 5 and causes: 5 damage to unit: factory_minor
                    Bombing raid in Caucasus causes 5 damage total.
                Cleaning up after air battles

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
                1 bomber and 7 fighters moved from Caucasus to Northwest Persia
                1 submarine moved from 45 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
                1 carrier, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 54 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone

Place Units - ANZAC
                1 fighter placed in Queensland
                1 destroyer and 1 submarine placed in 54 Sea Zone
                1 submarine placed in 62 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - ANZAC
                ANZAC collect 20 PUs; end with 20 PUs total
                Trigger ANZAC 1 Control Original And Malaya: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 25 PUs
                Objective ANZAC 2 Control Strategic Islands: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 30 PUs

triplea_39941_ANZ17.tsvg

france does nothing

• '20

I concede.

Among many errors, I regret not getting Japan’s air in position to cover German advance at the right time. I am now losing the arms race in Mid East and nothing indicates that that will change.

Learned a lot, had a lot of fun.

Congrats on your victory and masterful play  :-)

@Colt45:

I concede.

Among many errors, I regret not getting Japan’s air in position to cover German advance at the right time. I am now losing the arms race in Mid East and nothing indicates that that will change.

Learned a lot, had a lot of fun.

Congrats on your victory and masterful play  :-)

Thanks! I think you played a very strong game. I also think you should start playing in the league section. Your strength is definately tier 1 or highter. I think you are right, Japan air to land on German advances would maybe allow you to break trhrough in the middle east in time, but it is not so easy to do when southwest asia is allied controlled. Right now it is a stalemate in the middle east and that is to my advantage. However, you will probably be able to hold this position for several rounds, but that does not change anything. Pacific must eventually aid China on the mainland too, due to my incompetence of not blocking you!

Your crete position is nice, very difficult for me to deal with. Maybe I should have put focus on taking this out….

A couple of other things. I think you should have bought a minor in Rostov way before your caucasus minor. This would also have helped you. I am also curious on how it would go if you had attacked turkey as this gives some more options in order to do hit and runs in the middle east. Probably would not work well, but I am not sure. I remember I looked at it and saw some good things for you.

And bombing raids are soooooooooooooooo dainfull

• '20

I considered Turkey but decided you could either counter-attack or you’d have huge force in Spain and once that happens, it’s over.

Yeah, your bombing campaign was just too much. Did you regret taking Iraq as Russia or would you do it again?

@Colt45:

I considered Turkey but decided you could either counter-attack or you’d have huge force in Spain and once that happens, it’s over.

Yeah, your bombing campaign was just too much. Did you regret taking Iraq as Russia or would you do it again?

As for Iraq, I always take it with Russia.  In this game I was buying mechs for China and lost too many there,that’s why I lost Russia too early I think. You get Russia at too low cost. I would also take more Italian areas but became pointless. I think buying infs for Russia and taking Iraq makes Russia a fortress. Will be very difficult to take with a few fighters!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m