XDAP JDOW & ME1945 Axis vs Adam & AD BM3

• '15 '14

Winner plays elrood and nerqueen in the final final (really really the last game, no more pits, just a winner before 2020)

• '15 '14

Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 1.9, time: 10:26:34

• '17 '16 '13 '12

Big all-star lineup!

• '19 '17

Should be fun, if it starts  :wink:.

• 2024 '22 '19 '17 '15

Did Garg confirm this? afaik his approval was needed for any pit fighting action. And he was not very active lately…

Also… are you seriously suggesting to resume all of this?  :-o

Seeing the very limited attention XDAP got in the last months and also the non existing pit fight action we assumed this was the end and the final would indeed be the final.
    And may be its just me, but so far Axis won most of the XDAP matches, while in final Allies won with Russia even taking Japan. How much better can it get??

What will we have now? A rematch between our last opponents and us or some argument if we really need to play BM3 with Adam (afaik he doesn’t want to play OOB anymore). Giving it another go feels a bit like trying to beat the odds.

I don’t know, the last game was just very exhausting and now it seems all the effort was for naught.  :-(

• hey guys, it would be nice if Garg could confirm the whole situation we have now.

As far as I have interpreted it is: in the point 4) here http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=35466.msg1383776#msg1383776    Garg says

“4. Whoever reaches a score of 0, will fight the XDAP champion for the $300.”

then in another message here, http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=38027.msg1549803#msg1549803, Garg introduced the term PitFighter Champion.

So based of those two sources I would say, whoever wins the main bracket gets the “XDAP champion” title. The team that first reaches score 0 in pit fights gets the “PitFighter Champion” title.

Then the two “champion” teams shall fight each other for $300.

I don’t think there is a real risk that Garg would not approve your pit fight championship game, I believe you can start already, would be just nice to clarify with him about the rest.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

APOLOGIES!  I just posted some thoughts in another thread without seeing this. thread existed first.  That’s my bad.

I PROPOSE THE FOLLOWING:
    These two pit fighters should finish this match.  Simultaneously both teams should also play against Nerquen.

This way we’ll get right down to business with all remaining fights happening at the same time. (3 matches).

I do get PM’s if there are questions.

• @Gargantua:

APOLOGIES!  I just posted some thoughts in another thread without seeing this. thread existed first.  That’s my bad.

I PROPOSE THE FOLLOWING:
    These two pit fighters should finish this match.  Simultaneously both teams should also play against Nerquen.

This way we’ll get right down to business with all remaining fights happening at the same time. (3 matches).

I do get PM’s if there are questions.

Cool Gargantua to see you back. Unfortunately, our team does not have the time and energy to play two parallel games at this competitive level. Also playing the 3 games in parallel would compromise the dramatic atmosphere of each game and introduce undesired incentives to adjust strategic decisions based on the developments in other two games. Let just have the two pit fighters have an undisturbed fight for the Pit-fighter champion title. We can handle the money match afterwards.

Whatever works for you guys

Let this pit fight continue!

• '15 '14

@Gargantua:

I PROPOSE THE FOLLOWING:

No way :-)

Frankly, I do understand the dilemma here. Let me quickly check with ME1945.

• '15 '14

Guys, ME1945 and I withdraw from the tournament. You can start the final against Adam/AD.

I would take an unreasonable amount of waiting time for nerqueen/elrood, especially as ME1945 and I are not a fast playing team.

Good luck in the final final.

@Garg: Please make sure the next XDAP is single elimination :)

• '19 '17

Understandable

Yes single elimination and constant bumping from a moderator.

NexDap?  LOL oh shit man…

• @JDOW:

Guys, ME1945 and I withdraw from the tournament. You can start the final against Adam/AD.

I would take an unreasonable amount of waiting time for nerqueen/elrood, especially as ME1945 and I are not a fast playing team.

These are rather unexpected developments! The pitfights championship shall not be decided by a “withdrawal”. The only way to leave the pits is to die or to reach the pit-score 0.

We have discussed the issue with Elrood and we find the pit-fighter championship game more important than the final “money match”. We have always assumed the money would be donated to AAA forum or TripleA anyway, independent of who has won them. We strongly believe playing out properly the pit-fight final is of more importance. You guys can have a fun BM game that all 4 of you enjoy. If our team played against Adam and AxisDominion in the “money” game it would have to be an OOB game as we simply are no competition in a BM game.

Also we have a following suggestion: Why not to use part of the $300 for memorable plaques? We think a tournament of this scale deserves some proper memorable artifact. The teams have spent 2-3 years of hard work to reach the finals. We would propose a pair of plaques for the main bracket winners (Elrood and me) and a pair of plaques for the Pit champions. Why you guys don’t have a proper fight for the “XDAP 2015-2017 Pitfighter Champion” plaque and in the meantime our team can figure out details of plaques design and creation. I believe we shall be able to get 4 of them for about $150 including shipping. I guess it would feel kind of strange for Adam and AxisDominion to be proud of Pitfight championship title without a proper final game. So please, JDow and Me1945, reconsider playing out the Pit-fight final. I believe such a plague (see an example bellow) would look nice in your board game club or your living room and is worth fighting for. This would be then the last game of the tournament if we agree that the “money” match is not necessary and we use some for the plaques and donate the rest.

• What say you?

• '15 '14

Hey guys, thanks for your proposal and sorry for the late answer.

From my end, team games are simply too time consuming and ME1945 and I can never talk in real time. I simply decided to not take that burden another time, although ME1945 is a fantastic team mate.

I somehow disagree that the pitfight champion cannot be determined by a withdrawel. Just pretend that ME1945 and I are not willing to lower us to fight like animals in a cage:D Actually this would fit into our mindset because at least I expressed my denial of any kind of double elimination system from the beginning. Thus it is just a logical consequence that I either win this tournament from the winners bracket or not at all:D
    I believe it is perfectly fine if you play the final against Adam AD.

Also, don’t be too concerned about BM. I believe Adam will allow you to choose the sides, thus there is nothing you have to fear. Play Allies as crafty as you did against us and you’ll have a fair chance I believe.

So, just play the final against Adam and AD now.

Regarding your memorial idea: I have a quite neutral attitude towards this idea. Nothing against it, however, I believe that donating the money to the forum would be the slightly better choice as it secures the community. Imagine the forum won’t work anymore one day. I believe Djensen could use $300 a lot.

• '19 '17

I would prefer the money be donated as well. Perhaps the plaques idea can be used for a more streamlined tournament in the future  :wink:.

You guys would not play BM no matter the side even with bid?.

If the money is being donated back to AA.org, I’ll increase the donation!

@nerquen:

@JDOW:

These are rather unexpected developments! The pitfights championship shall not be decided by a “withdrawal”. The only way to leave the pits is to die or to reach the pit-score 0.

We have discussed the issue with Elrood and we find the pit-fighter championship game more important than the final “money match”. We have always assumed the money would be donated to AAA forum or TripleA anyway, independent of who has won them. We strongly believe playing out properly the pit-fight final is of more importance. You guys can have a fun BM game that all 4 of you enjoy. If our team played against Adam and AxisDominion in the “money” game it would have to be an OOB game as we simply are no competition in a BM game.

Also we have a following suggestion: Why not to use part of the $300 for memorable plaques? We think a tournament of this scale deserves some proper memorable artifact. The teams have spent 2-3 years of hard work to reach the finals. We would propose a pair of plaques for the main bracket winners (Elrood and me) and a pair of plaques for the Pit champions. Why you guys don’t have a proper fight for the “XDAP 2015-2017 Pitfighter Champion” plaque and in the meantime our team can figure out details of plaques design and creation. I believe we shall be able to get 4 of them for about $150 including shipping. I guess it would feel kind of strange for Adam and AxisDominion to be proud of Pitfight championship title without a proper final game. So please, JDow and Me1945, reconsider playing out the Pit-fight final. I believe such a plague (see an example bellow) would look nice in your board game club or your living room and is worth fighting for. This would be then the last game of the tournament if we agree that the “money” match is not necessary and we use some for the plaques and donate the rest.

GOt any links where I can look at how this could be done up?

• @Gargantua:

GOt any links where I can look at how this could be done up?

Basically search the local area for trophy shops. They are everywhere. Then visit a couple and get prices / designs. Pick the best!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m