• @unc_samurai:

Does anyone still play Final Liberation?  I dusted my copy off a few days ago, only to find Windows XP hates it.

There are a couple of ways around this (I’ve got the game and tried to play months ago).

Google it for all the information, but from what I recall, you can right click on the .exe of FL, and select the compatibility tab.  Click on compatibility mode, and select Win95 or Win98…I’m not sure which one it is.  That worked for a lot of people.  There are also some commands you can put in the shortcut start file to make it run better on XP (like if you add -w to a shortcut path, it will run in a minimized window).

There are other major ways to try and play it, but try that suggestion first, then look it up if that doesn’t work.

• I play
    40K: Imperial Guard and Demon Hunters
    Fantasy: Orcs & Goblins, Chaos (Tzeentch), and Wood Elves

Yeah, its expensive. But it is certaintly fun

• Thumbs up to all guard players. 8-)

My roommate has chaos space marines, so we sometimes kill whole days playing 40K. Depends on what the Army guys are doing though.

• Too bad GW (makers of Warhammer and Warhammer 40K) can’t write a cohesive rulebook to save their lives.

Oh there are other things, like prices are expensive, certain army lines are dropped if they don’t sell well leaving customers stranded, and GW’s support for events has really been slacking off the last few years (due to intercompany politics I’d say).

But all that I can deal with because GW also makes damn good models and has excellent customer service in the United States.  It’s not a bad hobby of itself.

Still, the needless arguments that come from poorly written rulebooks, and GW’s attempts to pass it off as “Players should adhere to the spirit of the game tee heez! no problem here!” is damn irritating.  It’s why I’ve quit painting and playing.  I guess if I bust a leg or something, I’d pick up a brush again, but then maybe I’d just use the time for another recreational activity.

Funny thing is, I started the hobby as a painter, not a player.  Weird that I quit because I don’t like playing.  Oh well, go figure.

I bet with the rerelease of Orks, I’ll probably start up again . …

• :-o
      I realize that this thread went to bed a couple of months ago, but I’ve been itching to get out my Warhammer stuff and play again. Started playing it 10 or so years ago when my sons got into it. We have nearly every Army, at least 2000 pts each some over 3K!
      Kids are grown and gone but I’ve got all this stuff! I suppose I’ll have to fork up the $ for the new rules book first.
      it is a great game, sure wish it could be done in" LL" though, the dice really are not my friend in that game! But I love pushing around the units of FIGURES and trying new tactics.
        :roll:

• Dude? You must have spent fucking thousands of bucks on all that! :-o And where did you find the time dude? I barely had enough time to paint my 2500 Pt Imperial Guard Company!

I iz jus a pow wite traz Mawrine, iz aint got dat kinda papah. :mrgreen:

• Ok, I was fortunate enough to be able to buy a lot of second hand figs and bits and also win a lot of store credit at tourneyments. Paid for most of the new figs and paints, a Warhammer fortress and other cool stuff.
    I’m ready to get to painting again just as soon as it cools off again here in San Diego.

• 1.  You can get secondhand warhammer stuff REAL cheap.  Too bad it’s often busted up as hell.  But if you have skillz at restoration - you soak it in brake fluid, the paint comes off, and congrats, you just got 200 infantry models and four tanks for $55.

2.  The MORE you paint, the FASTER you paint.  To clarify, when you start painting, it’s a really slow process, partially because you don’t really know what the hell you’re doing.  After you paint for a while, though, you get faster, because you figure out where you can skip on steps.  Funny thing is, even though you skip stuff, the model in the end looks BETTER (because you DO still do the important stuff).

3.  Man, I know so many stupid tricks for painting fast.  But the best is to paint with a few buddies while watching a movie or a football game.  You yak it up, and your army gets painted.  Good stuff.

• I just play Tau.  Have about 2200 point army.  It is fun to play once in awhile when you got nothing else to do.

• 2007 AAR League

I used to play alot of Warhammer. I won a bit at various comps and painted up a fairly impressive Orc and Goblin army.( With help from my wife who was better at it than me ) I have recently sold it all for a fair profit as where I live now noone plays it, . It used to however satisfy my hunger for strategy games. Same goes with A&A, noone plays it here but I have found this site more than makes up for it, such is the number of players.

• Hi, Italia here, i play only fantasy and ONLY Orks’n’Gobs!

Green is better!

• Weeeeee ar’ daaaa orkz. Greeeen iz bezt!  :-D

• @Funcioneta:

Weeeeee ar’ daaaa orkz. Greeeen iz bezt!  :-D

Yeah, I bet that’s why GW can’t publish a damn 40K Ork codex for five years.

Bloody gits!

• Seems they’ll publish a new codex early in 2008. I hope will be better than actual  :-P

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m