1940 Global Players - Western Maryland Players I-81 Corridor

• Any players in this area?
    Frederick, MD
    Hagerstown, MD
    Greencastle, PA
    Martinsburg, WV

• Yes.  I live in Hagerstown and work in Waynesboro, PA.  Played the original A&A in the military years ago, and just started on G40 recently.

Am looking for fellow gamers too.

• Cool, I’m near the State Line area and work in Hagerstown. Do you have other friends in the area that play?

• I just introduced the game to my father, brother, and some other family members a couple weeks ago.  We didn’t get too far into the game due to time restraints, but I know they loved it and are ready to play again.

We’re noobs to a degree but have played strategy games for years.

Do you have any other players?  Where do you typically play?

• I’m fairly new to the game as well. I have a small group of friends that get together and play at each others houses. We started playing the original A&A then moved on to Global. Since Summer has come on we’ve played less.

• I started with the original eons ago, but I know that G40 is a completely different animal.

I’ve spent a lot of time watching Young Grasshopper, Gen Handgrenade, Sireblood, etc…to get some tips.  I downloaded YG’s house rules to use in our games as a way to shorten the game if needed and to give each player some different victory objectives, rather than just taking victory cities.

• Yeah, I’ve been watching those guy’s videos too. Great stuff!

• I’m in Rockville and play Global a few times a year. Want to set up a game on a rainy weekend?

• @tragicfox:

I’m in Rockville and play Global a few times a year. Want to set up a game on a rainy weekend?

Hi Tragic,

Possible, quite possible. I’ve been messaging SteelReign who has also been commenting on this game. We’ve been talking about possibly getting together a ‘scrimmage’ game at a local game store. Would you be willing to come up to Hagerstown for a game?

If you have players down your way and place to host a game, I would be willing to come to Rockville.

• I can’t tell if my personal message reply is going through…. I sent a reply to you and then also a more accurate reply to the group.

Send me another personal message if you didn’t get my reply…

Thanks.

• Yeah, I have trouble with messages, I can’t see my messages I sent out. I just see replies.

I received your replay and I did send out another group message. Let me know here if you didn’t get it.

• I’ve been replying to some of the messages, but I’m not sure if they were personal messages or public?

Anyway, I’m definitely in to get a group together on a weekend - I live in Hagerstown but am willing to travel if needed.

I won’t be able to play the weekend of July 8/9 though.

• Sunday, July 9 works for me too. However, according to Neverland’s Google page, they don’t open until 11:00am on Sundays. Can you confirm that, IntoTheBreach? If so, that may throw a wrench into our plans.

I want to make the most of everybody’s time, so it just makes sense to me to get as much gaming time as possible out of the day.

Best,
    Jack/jecohe

PS - Any chance we can carry this conversation over into email? I can be much more responsive if it’s not over the A&A forums (because it’s blocked on my work PC for some reason, so I have to write these messages on my phone).

• Steele, send me your email address by personal message.

• I live in Chambersburg, PA and would be willing to travel to Hagerstown if that’s where you are currently having a group meet. I played constantly from 12-18 but would love to get into a regular group.

Thanks, Mike

• Hi Mike,

There will be one coming up at some time in Htown. If you can PM me an email address I’ll include you in on a group email of guys that play periodically.

• Hi, I’m in Sykesville and play

E40, P40, G40, 1914, DDay, Bulge, minis, minis War at Sea, minis Angels 20

WheresTheCheetos
    Dameon

• Hey man, Check your in box. I’ve PM’d you. Thanks!

• Hi,

I live in Frederick County, MD.  I am very new to Axis and Allies.  In fact, I just bought 1942 Second Edition and I’m still learning it.  However, I would love to find people to play with.  I’m open to learning other versions as long as you don’t mind a newbie slowing you down initially.

• Hi LeatherNeck,

Sorry for the late response. Life has been busy for me lately. We have a group of guys that get together sporadically. Now that the weather’s warm play has cooled down a bit. I hope to have a game in late July or August in Hagerstown. I’m not a well seasoned player myself. Some of the guys in the group are really good and some are totally new to it. If you like, send me an email address and I will add you to an email chain (8 other guys) we use to get games together. It’s easier to use than this clunky message board.

Game on

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m