• I would like the announce, the Axis and Allies.org first annual Spring Kickoff! It will be a tournement, run by me. Play by email, regular Axis and Allies game.
    Here are the Rules:

1. Original Rules
    2. Double Elimination
    3. Bid
    4. Game Master will roll the die

Sign up, by posting your name below, make sure you include your email. If you would like to also become a Game Master, I will provide you with a dice roller.

Double Elimination - You Lose, you play other losers. Winner of that battle reenters the tournement.

Let the games begin!

• I’ll sign up.

do you need the videogame? all i have is the board.

Email is BigSlam5@aol.com

…and whats a gamemaster?

Rebuild the WTC larger:
    http://www.rjdbiz.com/rebuildwtc/index.html
    “The only enemy more powerful than an invisible enemy is an invincible enemy”

[ This Message was edited by: HortenFlyingWing on 2002-03-23 18:18 ]

[ This Message was edited by: HortenFlyingWing on 2002-03-23 18:19 ]

• I would love to sign up but my e-mail currently isn’t functioning right now. Are the games co-op are just one-on-one? Man, it’s been so long since I played A&A

• Games will be one on one, we can do some co-op games if you want but its harder to coordinate a co-op tournement when we have a small player base.

(plus, AAME is doing a co-cop spring thing at the moment, I’d like to be unique)

You do not need the computer game to play.

[ This Message was edited by: Yanny on 2002-03-24 06:24 ]

• Count me in!

just to clarify, 2nd edition right? and are we going to play with some of the iffy rules people ignore? (like tanks blitzing after being transported)

when does this start?

and why can’t it be russia restricted :sad:

the bidding thing is a pain in my a$$!

• It will be first edition rules. Because we’re not using the computer game, rules glitches like tanks moving after unloading do now apply.

I hope to start about 2 Weeks from now. I’d start sooner, but I will be away for quite some time.

• so a tank can blitz after landing…

i have the game, but it is second addition. do you have the first edition ruleson atext file or something?

on “rules update” it says “commander-in-chief” rules have been deleted… whats that?

transport rules have been changed… how?

amphibious assault rules have changed… how?

Multiple force rules have changed- such forces cannot attack together… are we playing with invasions with multiple countries at once? isn’t that alittle harsh on germany?

Rulesabout newly built and captured industrial complexes have changed- they now have limited production- so when we build an IC, wecould put an infinite amount of units on it?

-rules about initial placement and capturing enemy capitial have been clarified in version 2- how about version 1?

is the panama canal 2 spaces like in version 2, or 1 like in version 1?

I say we go with version 2!

oh, and whats a game master?

oh, and Iwant to say i’m sorry for asking so many questions.

• I find it strange that there’s bidding but no Russia Restricted…

• I’ll Play but could you direct me to a site clarifying these 1st edtion rules.

mini_phreek@hotmail.com

• should be second edition rules yanny-boy…

and a restricted russia!

• Forget 2nd Edition, why don’t you use 3rd Edition? Much more steamlined with extra stuff.

• no kamikazes and crap, right?

i read the rules, sounds good.

maybe i can get another friend of mine to join the tournement.

• I rather like Kamikazes. They’re everywhere you want to be. And the drawback puts it well within reason.

• but they aren’t of the official version 3 rules, right?

I never played with Kamikazes, it would suck to lose a carrier to punk ass suicidal fighter! Japan has a good strategic position anyway.

• When I mean First Addition, I mean after the initial release when they fixed problems in the game.

Second addition, meaning Submerging Subs, Naval Occupation, ect we are not playing with.

Off topic, but a tank cannot blitz after being unloaded from a transport. Thats a bug from the computer game.

• '19 Moderator

I’m in. I don’t care what rules as long as everyone is on the same page. There are some nice PBEM utilities at AAMC if anyone is interested.

A game master recives the moves from the individual players, makes the rolls and sends out the results back to the players.

william.cook@wsfp.com

• Yanny, do you have a link to the exact rules we’re using?

and whos a game master?

How about the links for the utilities we use to PBEM?

thanks

• '19 Moderator

Here is a link to some map utilities.

http://www.aamc.net/dloads.shtml

I recomend the AAAWINMAP utility. It keeps an IPC count for individual countries as well as teams. It’s user friendly exept that a few of the texts are in German. One problem is that it won’t work on some machines.

We should aso decide on a format for typing out turn orders. I can post one of mine if it would be helpful.

Red

[ This Message was edited by: dezrtfish on 2002-03-25 13:39 ]

• '19 Moderator

This is an example of the format I use. The Game master would add in the results after rolling the dice.

Game # XXXX william.cook@wsfp.com vs xxxxxxx@hotmail.com - Germany 3 - Feb 11 16:14:18

Weapons Development:
    2 Tech Rolls, Total Price 10, Saved 30

Already have:
    No technologies

Email to GM and Wait for results

Purchases:
    10 Inf, Total Price 30, Cash Left 0

Combat Movement:

9Inf, 3Arm Ger 2Inf SEU Vs 1Inf, 2Arm WEu

1Inf WAf Vs mt Alg

1Bmb Ger Vs Ind Mos (No AAA)

1Inf Ukr Vs mt Cau

Email to GM and wait for results

Non Combat Movement:
    Bmb Mos to Sink

Placement:
    10Inf in Ger

Collect:
    33IPC

cash/ipc
    r16 (-5 IND raid)/17
    g33/33
    uk35/27
    j37/37
    us33/33

Deployments:
    Ger - 10 Inf
    WEU - 11 Inf 3Arm
    SEU - 2 Inf
    EEu - 5 Inf
    Ukr - 3 Inf
    Cau - 1 Inf
    Alg - 1 Inf
    Sin - 1 Bmb+Japs

End Germany #3

• sounds good, but wouldn’t it take weeks to finish one game?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m