• Has anyone ever attempted to make major industrial complexes? If so what did you use and how did they come out? I was thinking of trying this with some pieces of wood with dowels for the smoke stacks and then some paint. Essentially they would look similar to the ones at HBG minus the what the roof looks like.

• Yes we did. We used the newer Risk game cities for the large factories for Global’40. They are easily visible and easy to paint and decorate! They come with the Risk game with the arrows. Easy to find too!

• or you can buy them at Shapeways, both major and minor factories, not too expensive. Just push Games, then Boardgames and hook of for A&A compatible, then you get 6 pages of factories, ports, airbases, coastal guns, forts and so on. Or, you can wait a year for HBG to finish their factories that are coming in nation specific colors. They are out for pre order now as we speak, so maybe we get them this year if many enough pre order them

• '14 Customizer

Here are my Industrial Complexes. I purchased minor, Major and Advanced Major from Shapeways. I think HBG sells them too.  If your not interested in the pieces for technology then just get either some minors(1 pipe) or some majors(3 pipes).

1 stack - Minor
    2 stacks (original OOB) - Advanced Minor (Technology - Increased Factory Production)
    3 stacks - Major
    4 stacks - Adcanced Major (Technology - Increased Factory Production)

• Thanks for the input. Cyanight those are a nice looking customization. However i am leaning towards trying to make them from scrap lumber that i have as i have some. So i was actually wondering if anyone has attempted that and how it went.

• '14 Customizer

I thought there was someone who sculpted their own from balsa wood.  If not then that’s how I would make them if not use a 3d printer or shapeways.

• Sponsor

My print shop does 3D printing, I was thinking about taking in a Risk edition  major and an original edition minor and getting a quote for a few hundred… I’ll report back later.

• '17 '16

@Gen.Nehring:

Yes we did. We used the newer Risk game cities for the large factories for Global’40. They are easily visible and easy to paint and decorate! They come with the Risk game with the arrows. Easy to find too!

While (the game with the arrows) is the version of Risk with those factories, its not really new at all, in fact, it’s out of print… if you went to the local store today and bought Risk, you wouldn’t get those factories. The version you speak of is “Risk (Revised)” from 2008… it’s well out of print and you wouldn’t get those factories today, so if you want the Risk factories for A&A you need to go on E-Bay and get your hands on 2008 Risk Revised.

Risk2008.jpg

• I am curious to see how the 3D printer works. I have one at my local library i can use for free upon completing their “how to” tutorial. I don’t know if i will be able to churn out items in large numbers though.

• Those yellow arrows are cool! I’ve been thinking of just such a thing for an AA supply system…

• Risk is out of print, but Litko got those arrows

• I just found a bunch pretty cheap on ebay…

• Paulius

Re: Hand Crafted Factories
    � Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 03:42:03 am �
    Reply with quoteQuote
    The base is just a wooden board I cut on a table saw and the smoke stacks are bamboo skewers.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=36483.0
    Fixed link( i hope lol)

• '14

DCC made some 3D printed pieces. Even made the files available to the community. http://cliffsidebunker.com/#custom
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=39971.0

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m