Asymmetric Declarations of War - Strategy?

• 2019 2018 2017 2016

When does it make sense for Germany to declare on one turn and Japan to wait to declare war on another turn, or vice versa?

There are lots of articles arguing for a G1 vs. G2 DoW, or a J1 v. J3 DoW, but has anyone thought about whether it always makes sense for the two Axis powers to declare war on the same turn, or if there are advantages to having one power declare later than the other?

• 2017 2016

I would love to answer this question… but considering I usually have to kidnap or blackmail opponents just to get someone to play 1941 or 1942, I’m afraid I will probably never get to play 1940 before I die…

Someone more familiar with the game will undoubtedly give you a sound answer.

• @Wolfshanze:

I would love to answer this question… but considering I usually have to kidnap or blackmail opponents just to get someone to play 1941 or 1942, I’m afraid I will probably never get to play 1940 before I die…

Someone more familiar with the game will undoubtedly give you a sound answer.

Where do you live? I could use a holiday :), just be easy with the handcufs and gags and all that during the kidnapping ok ? 🙂

You could try forum play, it isnt the same as playing F2F but its better then nothing.

Now for the OP.

If you want the US out of the war you might want to declare war with japan only on J3 so US cannot interfere with your europe conquest.
    Also if UK/Anzac did their thing with declaring war on japan you might leave US out of it until round 4 so you get more time in europe/azia.

Of the other way around, a J1 with a Sea-Lion theath ( or actual invasion because nobody would even try a sea-lion with a J1 right so why would the UK bother defending ) can put a lot of pressure on the US to defend both ways. You might want to have russia off your back while you clear out london.

• Hi! I think G1/G2/G3 usually talks about attacking USSR, while J1/4 are usually about attacking US.

yes. there are reasons.
    If you do a G2/J4 (or G1/J4), you can attack USSR quite freely. US will not be able to move its fleet towards europe until US4. which means that the first possible landing in europe is on US5 (except for spanish beachhead). This means that Germany can send its G1,2,3 builds straigt to USSR, while they can build just in time for US first possible landing.

• I can’t say the best plans as Axis as I am usually USSR when I play but when you use the term Asymmetric Warfare, you do know that means when two armies that are not equal fight each other like a professional army vs a militia would be an example for Asymmetric Warfare.

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games

Users

Topics

1.3m