• Sponsor

I don’t mean to derail the topic, I just want some opinions about my own house rule NOs for G40 balance… please PM me with any comments about the following NOs so that we can keep this thread about Balance Mod.

Thanks.

New & Modified National Objectives

Germany (in addition to all original NOs)
    -5 IPCs if an Axis power controls London

Soviet Union (2 NOs which will replace the original National Prestige NO)
    -5 IPCs if there are no Axis warships in sea zone #125, and the Allies control Archangel as well as London
    -5 IPCs if there are no Allied units on any original Russian territories

Japan (in addition to all original NOs)
    -5 IPCs if Japan controls all original Chinese territories

United States (in addition to all original NOs)
    -5 IPCs if the United States are at war with the Axis powers

UK Europe (in addition to all original NOs)

• 5 IPCs if there are no German submarines anywhere on the board other than in the Baltic Sea (sea zones 113-115), the Black Sea (100), and the Caspian Sea (unnumbered)

ANZAC (in addition to all original NOs)
    -5 IPCs if the Allies control Cairo (when at war with Germany/Italy)

• '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Here is what I would suggest. My changes are in blue.

@Young:

-5 IPCs if there are no Allied LAND units on any original Russian territories

• 5 IPCs if there are no German submarines anywhere on the board other than in sea zone 112, the Baltic Sea (sea zones 113-115), the Black Sea (100), and the Caspian Sea (unnumbered)

Not sure about the last one.

Also, you might have tilted it too far to the Allies side.

Marsh

• @simon33:

UK is a bit of a monster in BM, unlike the cripple it was in the war and is in OOB.

Eh, the UK was pretty powerful in the war. It only looks like a cripple if you ignore navies and air forces and only focus on armies.

• '19 '17 '16

Air forces? Weren’t the RAF outnumbered 4 to 1 in the Battle of Britain?

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@simon33:

No it was more like 1.2 to 1.

see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Britain#Opposing_forces

• '19 '17 '16

@Karl7:

@simon33:

No it was more like 1.2 to 1.

see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Britain#Opposing_forces

Hmm, I wonder what the 4 to 1 quote in the movie (Battle of Britain) referred to, if anything? Fighters vs all Luftwaffe? Perhaps not the most unreasonable comparison because the RAF bombers weren’t useful in defense.

• I know you’re tying to imply that the RAF was crippled by saying it was outnumbered so heavily, but then the fact that it won the Battle of Britain anyway actually makes my point. After it, the RAF and USAAF played about equal roles in the destruction of the Luftwaffe (the Red Air Force had a minimal impact on the Luftwaffe).

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

The problem of the BofBritain was that numbers alone don’t tell the whole story.  Brit ftrs were close to base, defending, so they could land quickly, refuel and rotate out much, much quicker than the Germans who had to fly much further back.

That allowed the RAF to hit way above its weight in numbers, especially when radar allowed them to see the attacks coming.

Also, the Luftwaffe was really a tactical air force, not an air superiority force.

The Allied effort to gain air superiority of Germany was massive and took 3ish years and thousands upon thousands of dead.

• '19 '17 '16

They won the battle but radar, home territory advantage, German lack of a heavy (4 engine) bomber and German stupidity in going after London contributed greatly. Every report I’ve ever heard is that the Germans were winning when they were hitting the southern airfields only.

What isn’t modeled in this game is the enormous naval superiority of Britain. For good reason IMO - that would be no fun.

• @Young:

I don’t mean to derail the topic, I just want some opinions about my own house rule NOs for G40 balance… please PM me with any comments about the following NOs so that we can keep this thread about Balance Mod.

Thanks.

Germany (in addition to all original NOs)
    -5 IPCs if an Axis power controls London

-5 IPCs if there are no Axis warships in sea zone #125, and the Allies control Archangel as well as London
    -5 IPCs if there are no Allied units on any original Russian territories

Japan (in addition to all original NOs)
    -5 IPCs if Japan controls all original Chinese territories

United States (in addition to all original NOs)
    -5 IPCs if the United States are at war with the Axis powers

• 5 IPCs if there are no German submarines anywhere on the board other than in the Baltic Sea (sea zones 113-115), the Black Sea (100), and the Caspian Sea (unnumbered)

Grasshopper, Germany already gets +5 for controlling UK in Balance Mod (its “+5 if Axis control EITHER UK or Egypt” now)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m